Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to unlock phone

Options
  • 17-04-2020 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi
    I have an old Samaung S8 that i want to unlock.
    Was Vodafone bill pay and upgraded last year - so meets all Vodafone criteria
    Customer service cant help - as a different section deal with this
    Applied online - but it says it takes 20 days
    Phone is for my mom cocooning so she can see grandkids & family - her phone is with eir.

Is there any way to speed this process up.
    Thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi kilminchy,

I've moved your thread across to the Mobiles forum where people may be better able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭einn32

kilminchy wrote: »
    Hi
    Phone is for my mom cocooning so she can see grandkids & family - her phone is with eir.

Thanks

I applied online. I also explained how I needed the phone urgently which may have helped. It still took about 7 days or slightly more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kilminchy wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Not much you can do if waiting via Vodafone. It shouldn't take 20 days, that's an up to time.

You could try pay and get it unlocked via third party if urgent. Other option would be to order a cheap sim free device and deliver it to them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You have the choice of waiting or going to eBay and buying an unlock code for just over a tenner.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Unlock-Code-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S7-S6-S5-S4-3-Meteor-Vodafone-O2-Tesco-Ireland-/283586240208

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

I applied online to unlock a phone on Monday, and got an email yesterday with the nac code, Samsung phone also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement