Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - worst customer experience

Options
  • 17-04-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I spent months trying to cancel with Eir - this was a common experience for Eir customers as can be seen in this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057953787

Eventually through magic/carrier pigeon/smoke signals I got through and was told I would be charged one more month before being let go from this disaster of a company. Now, of course as its Eir, they have since managed to charge me again the following month and for some unknown reason have also charged me twice. :confused:

No answer on their customer service lines as per normal so the ****show with Eir continues.

I would strongly suggest anyone considering using Eir to use any other provider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

I’ve had similar experiences with them a couple of years ago, I just refused to pay them for months and recorded the date and time of every time I attempted to cancel. I also wrote two emails telling them to cut me off. They kept charging. Worst company ever. I’m surprised demand for this company can exist in the same market as Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

I spent months trying to cancel with Eir - this was a common experience for Eir customers as can be seen in this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057953787

Eventually through magic/carrier pigeon/smoke signals I got through and was told I would be charged one more month before being let go from this disaster of a company. Now, of course as its Eir, they have since managed to charge me again the following month and for some unknown reason have also charged me twice. :confused:

No answer on their customer service lines as per normal so the ****show with Eir continues.

I would strongly suggest anyone considering using Eir to use any other provider.

I had similar and the only thing that solved it was comreg. They were brilliant and Eir gave me a great offer until I moved to GOMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I agree 200 percent-,worst customer service in the country,Google about it,used be a thread here about it

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

I agree 200 percent-,worst customer service in the country,Google about it,used be a thread here about it

I see that the Eir forum on here has been closed :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As a customer you are nothing but a hindrance to Eir. They treat customers with absolute contempt and yet somehow people choose to stay with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

For the sake of fairness, I've dealt with them for ordering and one outage, their CS was grand, communication about the visit poor enough, the engineer was A1 and my service and billing has been fine/as expected.

I have been charged a third time now within the same month by these clowns ... what a ****show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The worst company for "customer service" I have ever encountered, and that includes 3 in it heyday. Years of mistake, after mistake after mistake. No-one takes responsibility for anything. The company itself removed any presence that might help anyone - Boards, web chat, email. I met a worker in the local Eir shop was almost in tears from having to deal with 8 hours of customer complaints a day, as there was nowhere else to go with problems. He was jacking in the following day to go and work unpaid.

I see that the Eir forum on here has been closed :confused:

Wonder why

whiterebel wrote: »
    The worst company for "customer service" I have ever encountered, and that includes 3 in it heyday. Years of mistake, after mistake after mistake. No-one takes responsibility for anything. The company itself removed any presence that might help anyone - Boards, web chat, email. I met a worker in the local Eir shop was almost in tears from having to deal with 8 hours of customer complaints a day, as there was nowhere else to go with problems. He was jacking in the following day to go and work unpaid.

They are the worst possible,I was receiving bills from eir up to 3 years after I left them, despite hours of calls,to definitely every one of them ( agent's) calling them crap, inept, rubbish doesent describe the disdain I feel for that shower of muppets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Horrible company to deal with.

I have wondered in the past about getting the Gardai involved as they have effectively stolen money from my account ie: they didnt have permission.

Maybe a day being questioned by the fraud squad might focus them into doing their job properly.

I realise its overkill but sometimes you wonder is it total incompetence or organised fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Cancel direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

sozbox wrote: »
    Cancel direct debit.

Both cancel the direct debit and also do a charge back for any incorrect charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

JTMan wrote: »
    Both cancel the direct debit and also do a charge back for any incorrect charges.

Can you get a chargeback on POS charge in a debit card? eir took €51 from my account after I had cancelled, and even after I had received a pro rata refund for the previous bill, as I cancelled midbilling cycle.

Can you get a chargeback on POS charge in a debit card? eir took €51 from my account after I had cancelled, and even after I had received a pro rata refund for the previous bill, as I cancelled midbilling cycle.
    Awful shower

I got on to comreg and got them to kick Eir up the arse - eventually Eir called me and confirmed that they massively overcharged me and agreed to refund. But in true Eir style they have not processed the refund now for well over a month. Back on to com regfor me i guess.

At what point does this become a company took money illegally and now is simply not giving it back.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH EIR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yes, you can do a chargeback. Do it!

Advertisement