Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an engrossing show to keep my mind off the current madness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Without spoilers, can anyone who's watched it all say if this comes to a proper conclusion? Or did it end on a cliffhanger in Season 3?

Amazon cancelled it after 3 seasons

The premise and reviews for it look strong

Just finished it last night. The main plot lines for season three were resolved, so yeah, you can watch it and not be left cursing at being left in mid air, story wise. Having said that, there was definitely room left to carry on into future seasons. I found it very likeable and wouldn’t mind seeing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Without spoilers, can anyone who's watched it all say if this comes to a proper conclusion? Or did it end on a cliffhanger in Season 3?

Amazon cancelled it after 3 seasons

The premise and reviews for it look strong

Anyone I recommended to liked it, well worth the time.

I was watching before season 3 came out and from what I remember it was pretty much a given it would be the last season before it was confirmed as such.

A reasonable ending I'd say too no cliffhangers to worry about. Saying that Season 3 isn't quite as good as the previous but its still decent.

The poster who scoffs at production values based on a snippet on the first episode they can barely remember ya id ignore that, the first season actually cost like 100m to make!

silverharp wrote: »
    Im enjoying Curb Your Enthusiasm, not seen it before, its not lol comedy but still fun

Lol, Larry. L O L.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

Anyone I recommended to liked it, well worth the time.

I was watching before season 3 came out and from what I remember it was pretty much a given it would be the last season before it was confirmed as such.

A reasonable ending I'd say too no cliffhangers to worry about. Saying that Season 3 isn't quite as good as the previous but its still decent.

The poster who scoffs at production values based on a snippet on the first episode they can barely remember ya id ignore that, the first season actually cost like 100m to make!

Agree with all of that. The remark about low production values puzzled me too. I honestly didn’t see it. It didn’t look any cheaper than Breaking Bad, or any other mainstream American show to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

trashcan wrote: »
    Just finished it last night. The main plot lines for season three were resolved, so yeah, you can watch it and not be left cursing at being left in mid air, story wise. Having said that, there was definitely room left to carry on into future seasons. I found it very likeable and wouldn’t mind seeing more.

Yeah the main stories are wrapped up. I agree, I really liked it and would have liked to have seen more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Collateral - BBC 4 parter on netflix starring carey mulligan...enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do any of the streaming services have Miami Vice (80's series) on demand?

fryup wrote: »
    do any of the streaming services have Miami Vice (80's series) on demand?

I love 80s shows , I recently found buck rogers and it’s hilarious

Just finished this ... amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bodyguard was brutal imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I remember it started out well but in the last couple of episodes there was a twist and turn too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dark season 1 and 2 are exceptional. I would rate season 3 (final season) as only good purely because it was so difficult to understand the storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Your Honour - Bryan Cranston EX Breaking bad
    Ozark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

afro man wrote: »
    Your Honour - Bryan Cranston EX Breaking bad

Couldn't watch it. The son wrecked my head.

Agree. Didn't finish it. I liked Collateral (with Carey Mulligan), Unforgotten and Hinterland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

The bridge is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 comuirch

Does anyone know where you can stream the newer Battlestar Galactica series these days?

I watched it about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind watching again....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Loved Bodyguard, very surprised to see some of the comments on here.

Loved Bodyguard, very surprised to see some of the comments on here.

I enjoyed too , now there was ridiculous moments but don’t they all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,016 ✭✭✭✭Basq

comuirch wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can stream the newer Battlestar Galactica series these days?

I watched it about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind watching again....
    Pretty sure it's on Prime these days..

• Advertisement

jean claude van johnson- prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dark season 1 and 2 are exceptional. I would rate season 3 (final season) as only good purely because it was so difficult to understand the storyline.

+1 but I thought S03 was fantastic and the show had an exceptional ending. It is very had to follow but it also has great rewatch value imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

started watching my first Anime with junior, Attack on Titan . its wild and messed up

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Unforgotten = crack cocaine TV

Discovered this in the last week and I'm upto the latest Season 4 already

Excellent British Crime show and the first 3 Seasons are on Netflix till Sunday at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unforgotten = crack cocaine TV

Discovered this in the last week and I'm upto the latest Season 4 already

Excellent British Crime show and the first 3 Seasons are on Netflix till Sunday at midnight

It is, but you started this thread and it was recommended on the first page so you shouldn't just be discovering it now ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It is, but you started this thread and it was recommended on the first page so you shouldn't just be discovering it now ;)

Touché ;)

So much great TV to get through in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Touché ;)

Have you watched Dark? Sorry I'm too lazy to look back! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Touché ;)

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but there's a brilliant french police series called spiral or engranages. it's honestly one of the best shows I've seen in years. It finished up with 8 series earlier that this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Shows I would reccomend away from the usual picks:
    -Sons of Anarchy
    -ZeroZeroZero (excellent)
    -Line of Duty
    -The night of (An often overlooked gem)
    -The Blacklist (My guilty pleasure, James Spader is fantastic)
    -Mindhunter (one of the best shows I've ever watched)
    -Manhunt: Unabomber
    -True Detective Season 1 & 3. (Season 1 is one of the greatest piece of television ever made, a must watch)
    - House of Cards (really enjoyed the first few seasons but went to sh!te after)

Probably missing a lot here that I can't think of, but these are my personal picks away from the usual top shows like the sopranos etc.

Thanks bosco.

Started watching ZeroZeroZero the other night and it's the best show I've seen in a while.

The cinematography is top class, and the casting is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

1. The Sopranos
    2. The Shield
    3. The Wire
    4. Breaking Bad
    5. Mad Men

Wow, I'd binge watch any of them 24/7 if I got the chance

Advertisement