Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerial splitter

• 17-04-2020 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm looking to connect two tvs to the one big aerial I have in my attic.
    Would this splitter work, it's one that came with a virgin media horizon box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Edit. Photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

No, that will be frequency-selective on each leg, so won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Everyday is a school day, thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Would those devices operate in reverse i.e. could they be used to merge the signals from two aerials to one TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

coylemj wrote: »
    Would those devices operate in reverse i.e. could they be used to merge the signals from two aerials to one TV?

They should, only no power passing if to be used in conjunction with a masthead amp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

No, that will be frequency-selective on each leg, so won't work.

Not sure that is true. I think it is just a straight 2 way splitter with the outputs labelled for idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

coylemj wrote: »

You should really use frequency selective ones for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

winston_1 wrote: »
    Not sure that is true. I think it is just a straight 2 way splitter with the outputs labelled for idiots.
    When I had UPC's broadband back in the day, I remember that one of the outlets on the splitter was marked differently and had a higher attenuation value than the other, although I don't remember the figures at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

ka2 wrote: »
    When I had UPC's broadband back in the day, I remember that one of the outlets on the splitter was marked differently and had a higher attenuation value than the other, although I don't remember the figures at this stage.

Yeah the old NTL/UPC 2 way splitters made by Tratec had 3.6 dB and 4.0 dB outputs

• Advertisement
Advertisement