Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD order marked delivered but was not

Options
  • 17-04-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking for advice on a situation I’ve found myself in which is causing me a great deal of stress.

I ordered a laptop through currys and shipped with DPD. I got a text this morning saying it would be out for delivery today between 2-3 so I was waiting around at this time.

I had the window open upstairs and heard a van pull up, I looked out and it was a plain white van so sat back from the window. I looked out again and saw the driver wearing a DPD jacket and coming from a few doors down(I didn’t see which house). He went to the back of the van which was not in my line of view and I thought he was getting my parcel out but after a minute he got back into the van and drove off.

I checked track my parcel a few minutes later and it said the parcel was delivered and signed for by me at this time. There was no attempt to knock on my door as I was listening out for it and I didn’t hear him knocking at another door on my road at the time.

I’ve been trying to ring DPD the last few hours and can’t get through. I used live chat only to be told she couldn’t help me. I’ve tried to ring currys but cannot get through either and I’ve sent multiple emails to both DPD and Currys.

I don’t know where to go from here and I’m stressed out of my head over this as my laptop is essentially gone and I can’t get anywhere with either company.

I’m just stuck now after wasting so much money and know this isn’t something that will be easily fixed so I’ll be without the money and the laptop for the foreseeable.

Any advice on next steps would be much appreciated, feeling completely screwed over :(

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Is it possible he delivered to the wrong house? Have you checked with your neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you ask the neighbours in the area you think he went too?
    If your mobile is on it, they may contact you that way if they know its not for you.

Might have been a error/damage on the shipping label etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

OmegaGene wrote: »
    First thing is not to worry these things are easily resolved, your point of contact should be curry’s, keep ringing them and if you or anyone you know has social media make a public comment and also drop them an email it is up to them to chase the courier really
    Dpd will have to prove you signed for it which they can’t so curry’s can claim from them and while this is happening will send you another laptop

Ps check around your house as I’ve had parcels dropped over the garden fence and put into recycle bins etc

Just don’t worry too much about it these things happen

check around , I was expecting a parcel ,dpd, yesterday like you tracking had it marked delivered , but not at my house, later in the day got a call from a neighbor saying that it was dropped just inside their gate, even though it had my eircode on the label,this is happening a lot with dpd , all the other couriers will call to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I had knocked in a couple of doors down but they hadn’t received it. Very stressful day yesterday not knowing what was going on.

Just to update, got a knock on the door and a woman from five doors down dropped in my laptop. Told me her next door neighbour knocked into her this morning and gave it to her and it was opened when they gave it to her. Woman seemed pretty genuine.

So thankfully I got my laptop but the parcel was opened and the mouse I ordered with it along with the confirmation slip were missing from the package.

The whole thing is just bizarre. Why they opened it when my address was clearly on it and then give it to the other neighbour this morning when it was delivered yesterday?

I just tried knocking in but got no answer so I’ll try again later. Not going to let this go because the only conclusion I can make is that the mouse was in the package, they opened it and took it. Disgusted they opened it in the first place, totally unnecessary. Of course I don’t have all the facts so won’t go in guns blazing but I’ll get to the bottom of it

God people are annoying, at least I have my laptop :o

The delivery driver from yesterday dropped in another package to my house today too, how he didn’t realise that f**k up I don’t know. Same name and address :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Relax is right... Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups...

You’re dead right guys thanks it’s nice to have someone else with an outside perspective :)

I’ve already put in a complaint by email to currys I’m just waiting to hear back from them so probably will be next week.

Thanks again for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The delivery lads for DPD and Fastway have been all over the place last few weeks. Throwing Parcels into random gardens and stuff cus they have loads to deliver

They're not doing their job to beat of their ability

• Registered Users Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

DPD have become a disaster recently, my brother was waiting for package with it sitting in the delivery depot for almost a week, after heated conversations on the phone over delivery/collection it was eventually delivered to a house a mile away, left on the gate pier of that house without even informing the people in that house. The package had the correct eircode.

Deliveries via DPD had always arrived flawlessly until now.

Fastway continue to arrive without issue.

The Cush wrote: »
    DPD have become a disaster recently, my brother was waiting for package with it sitting in the delivery depot for almost a week, after heated conversations on the phone over delivery/collection it was eventually delivered to a house a mile away, left on the gate pier of that house without even informing the people in that house. The package had the correct eircode.

Deliveries via DPD had always arrived flawlessly until now.

Fastway continue to arrive without issue.

I notice some of the drivers aren’t the usual ones and they’re unmarked vans so they must be contracting out work.

For work the proper vans and regular drivers come for pickup and delivery and they’re flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I notice some of the drivers aren’t the usual ones and they’re unmarked vans so they must be contracting out work.

For work the proper vans and regular drivers come for pickup and delivery and they’re flawless.

There was a discussion on the radio in the last few days and I believe it was mentioned they have taken on an additional 100 drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Delivery drivers are under pressure and as they are human, they can make errors.

As for neighbors opening parcel, how many times do you look at the address on a parcel you have received before opening it?

Darc19 wrote: »
    Delivery drivers are under pressure and as they are human, they can make errors.

As for neighbors opening parcel, how many times do you look at the address on a parcel you have received before opening it?

Always.

Also, it’s one thing to not look at an address but it’s another to not look at an address and whip a mouse out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brendan001

Waiting 2 weeks for a printer cartridge from curries, and 1 week for a laptop battery both shipped from dublin. Both with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The delivery lads for DPD and Fastway have been all over the place last few weeks. Throwing Parcels into random gardens and stuff cus they have loads to deliver

They're not doing their job to beat of their ability

You get what you pay for. Curry's charge €6 for delivery so the driver is getting a few cents for the delivery.

Companies don't charge enough for delivery as the customer won't pay, yet 2 or more companies will handle the package. So the driver treats it with the respect the customer thinks the delivery is worth, pay peanuts and you get crap service.

How do they compare to dhl price wise for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

brendan001 wrote: »
    How do they compare to dhl price wise for delivery.

DHL are much more expensive - probably about twice the price of DPD.

DPD charge about €5-6 per delivery .. so you can imagine how slim the margins are there. The cost of a driver, van, insurance and tech to get the parcel delivered it's high volume low margin - your not going to get silver service.

Stuff goes missing, sent on wrong vans all the time - its part and parcel of a high volume business

Well if you are offering a service at least deliver a service. No excuse for stuff going missing or in wrong van , what is the point of tracking numbers and eircodes then. Personally I would prefer to pay a little extra, that way at least I would expect an item to be delivered within a reasonable timeframe, and not dropped at the local school/shop. Then to be told that they couldn't contact my mobile. This is not just a recent thing in current circumstances. It has been like this going back years. Recently received an item from China via DHL in 6 days all free of shipping cost. Now that was proper service.

Advertisement