Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai do nothing as Racist Travellers attack Chinese

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The media won't report on the Chosen People.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The media won't report on the Chosen People.

One law for criminal vermin, another for the law abiding citizens. About time there was a judicial review on the gaurds inability or unwillingness to prosecute or obtain custodial sentences.

They guy who killed a youngster in Donegal who had over 500 previous convictions - why was this
    piece of filth not already locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The laugh at the end of the video was brilliant.

edit: this video..

https://www.reddit.com/r/galway/comments/g2l8q1/meanwhile_in_galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did I read somewhere that the guards are aware and have identified the suspects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Judging by the rotund nature of the young lady, I suggest that they have been keen consumers of the msg laden dishes on offer in that particular purveyor of fine food.

• Advertisement

The great untouchables strike again, journalists will hardly bat an eyelid. It never happened folks, a persecuted minority has been wrongly condemned by the "wacist" public. All snug and secure in the ivory tower, have a heart people.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

I f**king hate pikeys.

“ Gardaí have identified all parties involved and are following a definite line of enquiry.

No arrests have been made and investigations are ongoing.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-investigating-attack-on-chinese-restaurant-in-galway-994564.html

Gardai know the culprits. I’d imagine that they’ve moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

10fathoms wrote: »
    I f**king hate pikeys.

Lots of people do,it's a sad state of affairs when this gang who the Gardai are crapping themselves of can do whatever they want, whenever and to whomever

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @10fathoms - threadbanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Group of scumbags attack Chinese takeaway in Galway shouting verbal racist abuse and kicking the windows in.

No one on the streets, and suddenly Gardaí are on patrol throughout the country, except where they are actually required to do their job.

Everything was filmed.

Not one arrest.

Joke.

This story was barely reported, videos on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/galway/comments/g2omgm/meanwhile_in_galwayanother_vid2/

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/04/17/news/irish-news/attack-restaurant-in-galway/amp

I take it you ignored the videos on Reddit of the Guards tackling the group and getting a load of grief from them. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Examiner reporting the guards have identified the suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

In my long experience, travellers are easily the most disgustingly, vilely racist section of society towards ethnic minorities and people of colour. And them constantly using the racist card themselves now if anybody challenges them in any way, fully backed by the state and the media. The whole country has gone arseways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

In before the lock.... boss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The great untouchables strike again, journalists will hardly bat an eyelid. It never happened folks, a persecuted minority has been wrongly condemned by the "wacist" public. All snug and secure in the ivory tower, have a heart people.

I wonder has anyone told Kitty Holland and Sorcha Pollak yet. Would love to see the metal gymnastics they'd do to blame white Irish males for this. Because surely it must be ' white Irish ' societies fault :rolleyes: Not pikeys cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Actually two things will happen here:

1) The actual incident will be ignored because travellers.
    2) It will be included in race hatred statistics and blamed on Irish society in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Not sure if this is 100% but heard from a few local sources that the mistake the Asian restaurant made was it gave free food to them previously and they came back for more and were told that they would have to pay for any more food ... that’s when they kicked off...

Those people are well known to the guards and public alike... the problem is a justice system where free legal aid leads to our legal eagles getting continuous money from the public for such cases... so why would they jail em for a long period and ruin their income ?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

statesaver wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone told Kitty Holland and Sorcha Pollak yet. Would love to see the metal gymnastics they'd do to blame white Irish males for this. Because surely it must be ' white Irish ' societies fault :rolleyes: Not pikeys cnuts.

I remember the 3 Afghani lads who were attacked and subjected to racist abuse in Ballinteer a few years ago. The media went absolutely nuts over it and RTE had a camera crew down at the house for the 6.01. As soon as it emerged that the culprits were actually travellers there was instant radio silence. Not a mention thereafter. Poor Kitty and Sorcha probably already had half a dozen teary articles half written in their heads as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Travellers don’t queue. They must be seen now. They are in a hurry and are very busy. If you tell them that they must wait behind this person because this person was here before them then you are discriminating against them because they are travellers.
    These are the rules. That’s not necessarily a critiscm it’s a statement of fact.
    It’s not really so long ago that it was still perfectly acceptable for travellers to be refused admission to shops pubs cafes restaurants etc.
    That lives long in the memory.
    The security guard suggesting to this traveller that he was in any way going to be prevented from walking into that shop was like a red flag to a bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Posted this on the Longford Travelers thread:
    Anybody mention the amount of sulky races going on at the moment by Travelers on various roads around the country during a pandemic lock-down?
    They do this because as an distinct ethnic minority, they believe that normal rules, laws, and lock-downs do not apply to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Wonder what the Nazi's would have thought of our ethnic minority, had they known about them they well have left the Jews and Slavs alone and headed west.

Jews and Slavs are industrious hard working peoples with honourable cultures and customs. A certain ethnic group has none of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

sugarman wrote: »
    Law doesn't apply to them and it's racist anyone calls them out on their behaviour.

Here's another story that went under the radar for most

A traveller spat and coughed on a security guard at Dunnes in the Square in Tallaght because he didn't want to que and was out shopping with his entire family.

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/father-accused-of-spitting-and-coughing-at-a-security-guard

25, unemployed, previous convictions.. showed no remorse when caught and granted free legal aid and let off on bail despite there being hard video evidence and a number of witnesses.

They're ****ing laughing at us, where's the deterrent?

A woman, who wasn't a traveller was given a prison sentence for doing the same to a Gardai last week.

Lock him up ffs! Lock them all up.

Bate the ****e out if another in a garage in Blarney 2 days ago,on CCTV/ WhatsApp/ you tube etc , guess what? No arrests

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The guards will end up doing what they've probably done 30 or 40 times already with these people, then they'll appear before a judge and get another suspended sentence or caution.

I'm no lover of the Guards but it must be extremely frustrating knowing that while doing you're work, it'll more than likely lead to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

krissovo wrote: »
    I take it you ignored the videos on Reddit of the Guards tackling the group and getting a load of grief from them. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Oh the Gardaí got "grief" did they?

Maybe they deserve compensation?

Getting grief is not policing. Is it just the law abiding that deserve grief?

In any other country, if you threatened to kill foreign national workers and kicked in the window of private property, you would have handcuffs slapped on your wrists.

All of them were breaching the peace. The amount of times you hear Gardaí telling the public what they can arrest us for, and they turn a blind eye to this.

This behaviour by Gardaí and Travellers/Thugs is rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

There was a story about an ethnic minority getting into a large brawl with another e minority in a large town centre in England many years ago.

The 'winners' of the brawl were visited one night by the former 'losers' a few weeks later after the police refused to get involved.

They came with bats and other implements and wrecked their place and several were sent to the hospital. After that there was no trouble between them. This is what can happen if those in change refuse to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

tintin67 wrote: »
    I remember the 3 Afghani lads who were attacked and subjected to racist abuse in Ballinteer a few years ago. The media went absolutely nuts over it and RTE had a camera crew down at the house for the 6.01. As soon as it emerged that the culprits were actually travellers there was instant radio silence. Not a mention thereafter. Poor Kitty and Sorcha probably already had half a dozen teary articles half written in their heads as well.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dundrum-attack-assault-4774201-Aug2019/

Also, travellers.

Gardaí pretended they didn't know who they were, then asked for help identifying on their twitter account, then gave out those who actually idenified them for them on twitter.

Even though, that family were already "well known" to them.

Smokes and mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

splinter65 wrote: »
    Travellers don’t queue. They must be seen now. They are in a hurry and are very busy. If you tell them that they must wait behind this person because this person was here before them then you are discriminating against them because they are travellers.
    These are the rules. That’s not necessarily a critiscm it’s a statement of fact.
    It’s not really so long ago that it was still perfectly acceptable for travellers to be refused admission to shops pubs cafes restaurants etc.
    That lives long in the memory.
    The security guard suggesting to this traveller that he was in any way going to be prevented from walking into that shop was like a red flag to a bull.

This... on the queues.. there was a time I spent a ridiculous amount of time when my kids were small in playgrounds and playcentres. The minute a group of kids from this minority would rampage in and knock all the other kids who were waiting their turn out of the way. And their parents who usually dropped them off in the car were no where to be seen. This wasn't isolated incidents, it happened so often and the mood turned so quickly, that one day I roared at one of them and called them bitches. They faced up to me but when I wouldn't back down, quickly skulked away. They are not used to being challenged. It was heart breaking to watch kids bewildered as to why they always got away with it. I suppose the same bewilderment we feel but highlighting it or even daring to broach it has us labelled racist. In reality, we have allowed this to grow and the sense of entitlement has imploded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What can the Garda do?

At this stage they go to do anything and the place is full of people recording and it’s on the news that night.

Load of scum driving around Dublin, smash into a garda car and get caught, you have 20 out recording on phones, Garda does anything to the scumbags and it’s the poor fellows, even the video went online and people going mad accusing the Garda of ramming the car while it wa clear the car rammed the Garda

This is the Ireland we live in now, protect the scumbags at all cost, then complain about the Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    It's time to come up with a plan to start phasing them out of society. Anyone any ideas?
    Yeah two ideas .

No Child Support after the 2nd child unless one parent is in full time employment. That might slow them down a bit.

Eugenics to be looked at for anyone with multiple convictions of a violent aggresive nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well the good news is that if the travellers don't practice social distancing then we should be minus a few year in a year or two.
    In fact if all the travellers in Ireland wanted to get together for one big session I wouldn't object in the slightest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement