Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai do nothing as Racist Travellers attack Chinese

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Mobile phones, drugs and cash....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Killinator wrote: »
    Maybe take a look at the percentage of travellers in prison compared to their percentage of the population, will dispell that muth fairly fast!

Not sure your proving the point you are trying to make .The percentage of travelling community who are arrested is higher than the percentage of settled community because a higher percentage of the travelling community commit crimes .it stands to reason that there is higher percentage of travelling community in prison .

The funeral earlier this week in Offaly where the Garda actually assisted in excess of 150 people attend instead of cancelling it proves that Garda are unwilling to clamp down on the travelling community .
    This is not myth or opinion, it is fact that every law abiding citizen in our country can see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They're obviously Fine Gael supporters. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

scwazrh wrote: »
    Not sure your proving the point you are trying to make .The percentage of travelling community who are arrested is higher than the percentage of settled community because a higher percentage of the travelling community commit crimes .it stands to reason that there is higher percentage of travelling community in prison .

The funeral earlier this week in Offaly where the Garda actually assisted in excess of 150 people attend instead of cancelling it proves that Garda are unwilling to clamp down on the travelling community .
    This is not myth or opinion, it is fact that every law abiding citizen in our country can see

How do those travellers end up in prison if the Gardai do nothing about travellers and are scared of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

I would say that virtually every Irish person living here except those in a D4 cocoon has had a negative encounter with a member of our much cherished indigenous ethnic minority at some stage!
    I have had several!
    And Yet there are substantially more Isalmic people living here and i never had a negative encounter with any of them, any people of African Origin or Asian People.

BTW I have had a negative encounter with Roma, go figure!

• Advertisement

Killinator wrote: »
    How do the travellers end up in prison if the Gardai do nothing about them?

Actually a disproportionate amount of them on sentencing are sent to Castlerea, on the grounds that (and yes I'm serious!) they are a nomadick people and to subject them to a tougher prison regime would be unfair and unjust!

You really couldn't make it up!

I detest Travellers but if the Garda did wade into them a lot of people on here who are giving out would then shout about police brutality or how they overreacted and should be sacked. They can’t win.

Rubbish have to be dealt with and nobody will lose any sleep over them being dealt with!

Travellers are the most religious folk I ever met and money is their god!

One thing I would seriously suggest is that child benefit beyond the 3rd child so not be paid unless the recipient parent is in employment!
    That might have some effect on the breeding/inbreeding process!

Who would you reckon would win a mass brawl between a group of travellers and a group of Roma?

I reckon it's fairly obvious, the Roma would win hands down they're well used to a really tough life from back at home while our indigenous ethnic minority are so pampered by the state that by about 25 years old, they can barely walk a hundred yards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,883 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Connacht15 wrote: »
    Who would you reckon would win a mass brawl between a group of travellers and a group of Roma?

I reckon it's fairly obvious, the Roma would win hands down they're well used to a really tough life from back at home while our indigenous ethnic minority are so pampered by the state that by about 25 years old, they can barely walk a hundred yards!

Six posts in a row. Maybe bedtime now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Around 5 year's ago outside Extravision , I was waiting for a friend.
    I seen a scrap in Ennis between the Roma and local travellers, let's just say the Roma's weren't intimidated or backing down.

They're well able to fight and hold their ground.
    There's one guy in particular who took on the mouth and he was a hard nut I'll tell you.

If you walk around Ennis on a Saturday afternoon you'll see the younger Roma generation, quite well dressed and they stick together.
    They've no reputation and hold their ground against the locals.

I'm not going to mention any side's but you can draw your own conclusions who started it and finished it.

The Roma's are a different breed, and they're like the Italian street fighter s from the 70's just born to fight with their fist's and if you want it they'll give it to you....

They keep to themselves and some of them work in regular jobs, takeaways, discount store's and a few cut hair....

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I can smell his oxters from here.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

scwazrh wrote: »
    You hardly expect Garda to stand up to travellers?They've proved time and time again that they won’t

On the contrary Gardaí are the only people that do stand up to them. It's a rare day that you see an ordinary member of the public stand up to them, tell them to feck off to the back of the queue or wait their turn.
    They do what they do because they get away with it 99% of the time and people won't challenge them. The only time that anyone does challenge them is when it's a cop.
    Actually a disproportionate amount of them on sentencing are sent to Castlerea, on the grounds that (and yes I'm serious!) they are a nomadick people and to subject them to a tougher prison regime would be unfair and unjust!

Not true... Castlerea is the committal prison for Connacht, Donegal, Cavan and Longford. Anyone in these areas is sent there by default and there's a lot of traveller crime in these areas in comparison to 'non-traveller' crime. Castlerea therefore has the highest percentage of travellers of all the Irish prisons. Sometimes Prisoners in other places may request a transfer there because they have family there but a Dublin / Cork / Limerick traveller will never be sentenced there from his local court.
    Countrywide anywhere from 20 to 30% of prisoners at any one time are travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

A sh1t load of travellers have criminal records

The rest just didn't get caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    A sh1t load of travellers have criminal records

The rest just didn't get caught

Huge sections of Dublin And other major cities have a load of people with criminal records and are far worse to what the travellers do but don’t seem to get as much airtime

People seem to lave jumping on the bandwagon about travellers, while ignoring the good decent scumbags, which have a lot bigger numbers than travellers

kevcos wrote: »
    Sterilise them so future tax payers don't have to carry this burden, Ireland would prosper.

Is the plan the to sterilise all The scumbags in Dublin and everywhere else?

Ireland has 40k traveller at a max according to google....yet one of the biggest s**tholes in Dublin has double that, not better to tackle the bigger number and fix that before the smaller group?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ireland has 40k traveller at a max according to google...

And a very high percentage of this 40k are scumbags, far higher than the scumbag % of any other group or area.

Greyfox wrote: »
    And a very high percentage of this 40k are scumbags, far higher than the scumbag % of any other group or area.

Really? I can name a number of areas in Dublin and the percentage is just as high if not higher and they are reproducing just as quick as the traveller

So if you want to tackle one problem then why not tackle both?

It’s simple, people have an issue with traveller but no problem with the local scumbag.....

Stick a video of the Dublin scumbags ramming Garda cars etc and you will have hundreds of posts complaining about the Garda, the stick a traveller in the same car and the traveller is the bottom of barrel etc....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Group of scumbags attack Chinese takeaway in Galway shouting verbal racist abuse and kicking the windows in.

No one on the streets, and suddenly Gardaí are on patrol throughout the country, except where they are actually required to do their job.

Everything was filmed.

Not one arrest.

Joke.

This story was barely reported, videos on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/galway/comments/g2omgm/meanwhile_in_galwayanother_vid2/

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/04/17/news/irish-news/attack-restaurant-in-galway/amp

Give over this sort of thing happens every weekend from all sorts of people. Just another traveller bashing thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Really? I can name a number of areas in Dublin and the percentage is just as high if not higher and they are reproducing just as quick as the traveller

So if you want to tackle one problem then why not tackle both?

It’s simple, people have an issue with traveller but no problem with the local scumbag.....

Stick a video of the Dublin scumbags ramming Garda cars etc and you will have hundreds of posts complaining about the Garda, the stick a traveller in the same car and the traveller is the bottom of barrel etc....

It all comes down to the same thing. Giving welfare supports to deprived people while at the same time being very soft on crime only has one possible result.

jackboy wrote: »
    It all comes down to the same thing. Giving welfare supports to deprived people while at the same time being very soft on crime only has one possible result.

Yes but the number of traveller bashing thread in here is huge compared to the number of threads about all the other scumbags in Ireland

What about the two boys in Kerry who beat up a tourist after going around shouting and roaring while drunk?

Sons of a local politician and the people of Kerry stood up for them, they got caught lying in court and still didn’t get jail time....now they want to appeal

All the time while all the people of Kerry said they are great lads....not many threads here about them? Are they not scumbags as well???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Huge sections of Dublin And other major cities have a load of people with criminal records and are far worse to what the travellers do but don’t seem to get as much airtime

People seem to lave jumping on the bandwagon about travellers, while ignoring the good decent scumbags, which have a lot bigger numbers than travellers

Beating up women, beating up elderly and defense less men and women in their homes and robbing them blind, murder, drugs, rape, vicious assaults, slavery, scams, extortion, fake businesses, thieving anything they can carry, illegal dumping, burning anything especially cables etc to get metals, stealing cats off cars, animal cruelty, no regards for anyone but themselves, no law of the land applies to them, welfare and other hand outs including housing and bins provided and then burn these houses etc....

Basically they're destroying this small island with everything they do....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What about the two boys in Kerry who beat up a tourist after going around shouting and roaring while drunk?

Sons of a local politician and the people of Kerry stood up for them, they got caught lying in court and still didn’t get jail time....now they want to appeal

All the time while all the people of Kerry said they are great lads....not many threads here about them? Are they not scumbags as well???

I believe they were discussed at length on a longer thread about the H-Rs.
    Not every Kerry person is a H-R cheerleader, funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I detest Travellers but if the Garda did wade into them a lot of people on here who are giving out would then shout about police brutality or how they overreacted and should be sacked. They can’t win.
    Or perhaps, most people might think, " Fair Fcuks, the Guards are actually doing their jobs "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

When it comes to enforcing the law things are not all black and white. Some groups in society and the country as a whole can cause a great deal of trouble when a member of their group is arrested and taken to a station. It's not just a traveler problem. Most here will know what I mean. The Guards do their best but a limit of what they can safely do is also to be taken in to account. Not to mention the sharp minds in suits from the legal profession that can find a loophole in a haystack when they wish to 'help'

Dan.

Or perhaps, most people might think, " Fair Fcuks, the Guards are actually doing their jobs "

No they wouldn't

Video would be up all over the place, corrupt this corrupt that....this is not on....the poor lads where just having a few beers etc.....

people complain about the Garda and then when they try to do their job the same people complain about them doing it. People going around spitting on the Garda with this virus. Thats what the Garda are dealing with....

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

No they wouldn't

Video would be up all over the place, corrupt this corrupt that....this is not on....the poor lads where just having a few beers etc.....

people complain about the Garda and then when they try to do their job the same people complain about them doing it. People going around spitting on the Garda with this virus. Thats what the Garda are dealing with....
    I dont doubt you're right, video etc would be up. But if anyone ever bothered to ask ordinary decent working people, as opposed to the usual RTE way of thing, ie, finding the ' most Traveller friendly talking head ', then they would see, people want the Guards to be tough on Law and Order.
    In case anyone thinks im anti traveller, the Guards should do the same anywhere they are conftonted by thuggish behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chosen1

You just made that up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement