Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Form Gaming PC

Options
  • 17-04-2020 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Im looking to build a very very small form gaming pc for the living room. It will be used on an LG OLED mostly as a 'console' system. My budget is around 800 and I will need everything except a monitor. Anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Mini ITX is great, but it comes at a cost. With €800 to spend, I would lean towards a small mAtx build rather than Mini ITX as it will eat up a big portion of your budget.

Something like the Kolink Satellite, which can still take normal, cheap matx boards and power supplies. Leaves you plenty cash for a good CPU and powerful graphics card to run all the latest games at maximum settings at 1080P or 1440P.

If you want something a similar size to the Xbox or PS4, the case, power supply and motherboard will cost twice as much, meaning you will have to settle for less power.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Thanks Homelander. SO if I went with the satellite case what are your thoughts on the rest of the build. I havent done this in a while so Im not sure about whats the best bang for buck.

edit - I could possible stretch to 1k

Advertisement