Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon marking items as non deliverable to Ireland

Options
  • 17-04-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that 14 of the last items ordered from Amazon using my Prime membership no longer deliver to Ireland.

Has anyone else noticed this issue with Amazon? These are recent transactions.

Taking a look back at my last years purchases and most of those are also marked as non deliverable to The Republic of Ireland now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

It does seem to be becoming more common but the vast majority of the items I've ordered this year have shipped to Ireland.

I had a quick look back at my 50+ orders from 2019 and I couldn't find any that no longer ship to Ireland. I buy a fairly wide of wide range of things on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

sok2005 wrote:
    I've noticed that 14 of the last items ordered from Amazon using my Prime membership no longer deliver to Ireland.

sok2005 wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed this issue with Amazon? These are recent transactions.

sok2005 wrote:
    Taking a look back at my last years purchases and most of those are also marked as non deliverable to The Republic of Ireland now.

Get an An Post UK address and they will deliver to it and pass on to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is it just under current circumstances? Testing out addresspal as looking to get a power bank. Pushes up the price a good bit though

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Have noticed this with my last two orders this week, perhaps they are prioritising UK deliveries. Reduces the value of being a Prime member.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Tried to order baby bottles through prime for my daughter and it was one day delivery to the UK and nine days to the Republic. Don't see the point in paying for prime with those sort of delivery differences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Cazale wrote: »
    Tried to order baby bottles through prime for my daughter and it was one day delivery to the UK and nine days to the Republic. Don't see the point in paying for prime with those sort of delivery differences.

Prior to this week they were quoting 10 days for delivery but they delivered after 3/4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Amazingly, given current events, Prime doesn't seem to be really working at the moment.

What do people expect?.

'I cannot believe amazon deliveries have slowed down during a global pandemic that's killing 10's of thousands of people. Why do I waste my time paying for this??????????!!!!!!!11111111'

• Registered Users Posts: 29 beamoflight

Are you ordering from Amazon.com? Anyone know what's the best price with currency and delivery. I have shopped on amazon.de and buviz.com

I know a lot of products from the US don't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

ArthurG wrote: »
    Amazingly, given current events, Prime doesn't seem to be really working at the moment.

What do people expect?.

'I cannot believe amazon deliveries have slowed down during a global pandemic that's killing 10's of thousands of people. Why do I waste my time paying for this??????????!!!!!!!11111111'

This thread is related to Amazon items that were once previously available to send to Ireland, now marked as undeliverable. I was wondering if someone knew the business reasoning behind it. Your rant is unnecessary and hysterical. No one is expecting one day turnarounds during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Be careful if trying to circumvent this by using parcel Motel. Amazon don't reimburse if there's an issue with the goods if it goes through a 3rd party shipping/delivery service, such as parcel Motel. I got stung before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm finding that others get the no to Ireland line (not prime) but I am able to order (prime member). 2 day delivery gone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I've noticed this with coffee capsules; they will no longer deliver the brand i like, but they will deliver an Amazon brand.

Maybe it's got to do with capacity at certain warehouses.

Advertisement