Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APT IMM24F wiring (immersion timer)

Options
  • 17-04-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hello,

Im moving house really soon and would like to reinstall the APT IMM24F immersion timer, currently i have a Nest Thermostat installed

Issue is, while on Nest the wiring is pretty much understandable as they are marked quite well and nest provided with a manual:
    N - blue wire
    L - brown wire
    2 - grey wire
    3 - black wire

The APT only has 3 connections:
    1 - live out
    2 - live in (brown wire i assume)
    3 - neutral (blue wire i assume)

Where does grey and black go to?

Can anyone assist or it is not that simple as changing the light bulb :) and i should call a electrician

Ill see if i can add some pictures to the post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Is this for controlling a boiler!? Apt may not be suitable depending on the switch line

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭lisij

kramer1 wrote: »
    Is this for controlling a boiler!? Apt may not be suitable depending on the switch line

What do you mean its not suitable, it was there in the first place before Nest was installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Hintel

Not sure which is L and N there , looks like they brought a 5 core to the controller

Hintel wrote: »
    Not sure which is L and N there , looks like they brought a 5 core to the controller

3 is N, 2 is L no?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Join brown and Grey together - Live in
    Black - Live out
    Blue - neutral

• Advertisement

Join brown and Grey together - Live in
    Black - Live out
    Blue - neutral

Would you mind helping me understand the diagram?

Why grey goes with the brown?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

lisij wrote: »
    Would you mind helping me understand the diagram?

Why grey goes with the brown?
    The brown and grey are permanent lives, they are the same thing. Normally what would be done is one live brought to the unit and then just loop the lives but the nest has small terminals and its awkward to get two connections into one terminal, it was just done this way for handiness. When you take the nest off I'd guess that you will see the brown and grey joined in the same connector at the back. I hope I explained this well.

The brown and grey are permanent lives, they are the same thing. Normally what would be done is one live brought to the unit and then just loop the lives but the nest has small terminals and its awkward to get two connections into one terminal, it was just done this way for handiness. When you take the nest off I'd guess that you will see the brown and grey joined in the same connector at the back. I hope I explained this well.
    Thank you very much, works no problem.

Advertisement