Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Coronavirus forum

Options
  • 17-04-2020 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I've been banned from the coronavirus forum but possibly there might be a mistake.

The moderator, Beasty, said I was banned from a thread which I don't seem to have been notified about and he then banned me for a month for trolling.

The trolling seemed to be for objecting someone stating on national television that we could not lift restrictions or for stating that I believe schools will not open until September 2021. I'm not sure which.

In either case these both are opinions.

I don't believe I should be banned simply because some don't agree with these opinions?

I have sent a message to the moderator asking to reconsider but did not receive a reply.

This post seemed to be the issue according to the message I received.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trapp View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
    We all have to become immune, right? So how do we achieve that and how long might that take?

We can either wait for the vaccine which will take at least a year. Or we can let people get it and become immune that way. The rate at which people get it can't exceed the health service's ability to deal with critically ill patients. But the health service isn't overrun so he rate of transmission isn't too high yet.

What do you think the plan is? For example, do you think the plan is to stay in lockdown for a few more weeks to kill the virus and then we - all go back to normal? What do you think the actual plan is?

I think the lockdown is too severe and should be lifted in parts on May 5th.

Returning schools is completely different and we must be certain it is safe.

I think that is more likely to be Sept 2021 than Sept 2020.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Trapp,

I will be looking into this for you. Thank you for trying to PM the moderator in question but given that it's just been barely over 12 hours and it's a weekend, it may take them longer to respond. In the meantime, I'll have a read of the thread for you.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭trapp

Sent the message on Tuesday so the moderator might have forgot to answer,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Trapp,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

You received the one-month ban for violating a thread ban. The moderator had posted a mod warning asking you to stop predicting the end of the lockdown. You then received a yellow card for not heeding this warning. This was followed by the threadban and finally, this ban.

I think that the ban is justified as multiple warnings were issued before the ban.

If you wish, you may appeal to an admin. Please let me know and I can flag it for you.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

Hi Trapp,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

You received the one-month ban for violating a thread ban. The moderator had posted a mod warning asking you to stop predicting the end of the lockdown. You then received a yellow card for not heeding this warning. This was followed by the threadban and finally, this ban.

I think that the ban is justified as multiple warnings were issued before the ban.

If you wish, you may appeal to an admin. Please let me know and I can flag it for you.

Thanks.

I hadn't realised any of these had occurred other than the first warning.

How is someone notified of a threadban?

From searching my messages received I had no notification of these warnings?

Unless this can be clarified I would like to appeal.

Hi Trapp,

Please bear with me. It is a weekend and moderators, category moderators and admins are volunteers.

No problem has been sorted with the moderator now.

Mostly my fault in any case.

Thanks.

Thanks Trapp. I'll mark it as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement