Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2020 - spoilers, discussion, etc

• 13-04-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭

WWE Money In The Bank ppv will take place on Sunday 10th May live on the wwe Network

venue is unknown at the moment but will likely be at the performance center with a closed set

Qualfying matchs for the Mens and Womens MITB match will take place in the next few weeks on Raw & SD

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

May as well get this thread going. Cinematic match happening?

https://twitter.com/thewrestledaily/status/1251245206097231874?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Confirmed to be taking place at WWE headquarters starting on the ground floor with the case been on the roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah the new rules sound strange. Will see how it goes.

Bayley doesn't look right in the poster

wwe-mitb-2020-poster.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Charlotte's there but not Becky. Wonder if that means Charlotte will face Io there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well I'm excited and interested in what they do and will definitely watch it so fair play to WWE for that.

Gotta say the innovation of WWE in these trying times is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah the new rules sound strange. Will see how it goes.

Bayley doesn't look right in the poster

wwe-mitb-2020-poster.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Charlotte's there but not Becky. Wonder if that means Charlotte will face Io there

Geez who was messing with Bayley's eyes before hitting save and sending the poster to print/publish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're doing the Roman thing where they give people blue eyes in promo images despite them actually having dark eyes. It's weird.

Hope whoever's in the MITB matches are working on there cardio lots of stairs to go up

Jeff Hardy for the mens (if hes in the match)
    Lacey Evans for the womens

How many floors in WWE HQ anyways? Especially if the briefcases are going to hung off of something at the very top of the building.

Isn't it being recorded. Probably be ones using the lift as the fight on the way in then doors open on the next floor and they're still fighting. There would need to be something in place to stop them using the lifts.

• Advertisement

Isn't it being recorded. Probably be ones using the lift as the fight on the way in then doors open on the next floor and they're still fighting. There would need to be something in place to stop them using the lifts.

MITB in WWE HQ, the elevators are off limits, stairs only :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For some reason i can just picture that happening with R-Truth and 24/7 title

Just hear the ding of lift, doors open, Truth steps out, sees everyone fighting, "My bad" and backs into the lift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Confirmed to be taking place at WWE headquarters starting on the ground floor with the case been on the roof

Will both men and women briefcase matches be at the same time and is there a ring on the roof? :o

Well the post above seems to say there will be

"CLIMB THE CORPORATE LADDER" being the tagline for the show poster. It's a bit on the nose, days after releasing talent/furloughing production staff.

Surely someone in the company could have come up with a better tagline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Almost expecting them to get to the top floor only to find out their is no roof access and you have to break through the glass ceiling... except it's reinforced and won't smash.

Actually really like this concept as I (like most if ratings etc are to be believed) don't have too much interest in empty arena shows but this unlike them will hold my attention. WWE have to think outside the box to grab the viewers interest now and this has done it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just had a ladder match at mini-mania and ladder match at mini-takeover so they needed to change it up.

I think they need to vary how MITB is in general as the mutli-person ladder match is over used. Should also reduce number of MITB holders.

Would be good to see something like a KOTR tournament, they already hold qualifiers anyway.

Maybe it'll turn out both the men's and women's matches are happening at the same time on opposite sides of the building and when they make it to the roof they see there's only 1 case.

I'm worried if Jeff is involved, he's going off the roof

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This is exactly what they should do, they've done hundreds of crowdless backstage brawls and hardcore segments before

• Advertisement

More people will be more intrigued about what will happen thus viewing figures and word of mouth winning it for wwe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will both men and women briefcase matches be at the same time and is there a ring on the roof? :o

I feel it absolutely has to be tbh.

If they run it as two separate matches, then it's going to be death to whoever goes second. It makes way more sense to combine the two into one massive cinematic match. Doing it as a single match means they can overlap, create breaks (to hide the edited nature of the match not being live), and create genuinely fresh and unique moments that will make the match memorable.

It gives them options to do team ups, too, which could be funny.

The picture of the crane set up actually has two hooks for belts too, looking at it. So I'd say it looks very, very likely.

I'm worried if Jeff is involved, he's going off the roof

Oh, I'm absolutely certain someone is going off the roof....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They should make it a shoot in a race to the top of WWE Headquarters the winner gets to keep their job the rest get Future Endeavored as part of the Covid-19 cost cutting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They should make it a shoot in a race to the top of WWE Headquarters the winner gets to keep their job the rest get Future Endeavored as part of the Covid-19 cost cutting.

TNA, TNA, TNA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Surely someone in the company could have come up with a better tagline.

Well they probably would but they've all been future-endeavored :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, I'm absolutely certain someone is going off the roof....

Big Show can do it again

cqMBAj6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Off the roof into one of those window cleaning baskets.

There is a crane on the roof.

window-cleaning-platform.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This could be amazing. 16 wrestlers fighting their way up a building and then climbing ladders on top of a skyscraper. It's fúcking nuts!

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    This could be amazing. 16 wrestlers fighting their way up a building and then climbing ladders on top of a skyscraper. It's fúcking nuts!

It's the wrestling equivalent of the movie Rat Race, except it's MITB briefcases, and not $1 million dollars cash on the line.

Advertisement