Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2020 - spoilers, discussion, etc

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ThePott wrote: »
    Did Rey and Aleister Black seriously get thrown off the roof to no acknowledgment?

must have cos I missed it completely, ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 zompea

Back watching the end of WM18 again. Even the refs were better back then.

ZPkxj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

There was no commentary so who is going to acknowledge it? And they only got thrown to lower level roof not the entire building.
    Eh... I mean I'm aware there was no commentary, I watched it too.
    A lot of people said it was off the roof. I meant like acknowledgement from the multiple refs, you would have thought there'd be screaming in terror or them freaking out. Or even once the bout was over commentary mentioning it.

I assumed it was a lower level cause no one seemed that bothered by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Eh... I mean I'm aware there was no commentary, I watched it too.
    A lot of people said it was off the roof. I meant like acknowledgement from the multiple refs, you would have thought there'd be screaming in terror or them freaking out. Or even once the bout was over commentary mentioning it.

I assumed it was a lower level cause no one seemed that bothered by it.

You are correct to assume the lower level. If they were going to go for the big one off the roof they would have had several different angles covering it all edited together. Hans Gruber wouldn't have gotten a look in on Nakatomi tower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Seen on Twitter that Asuka could pull a Edge some time soon
    MITB, Royal Rumble, Tag titles, NXT women's, SD women's

She has won legit everything except the RAW women's title

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great fun. The gold standard does it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did Rey and Aleister Black seriously get thrown off the roof to no acknowledgment?

They did acknowledge it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That SD tag match was pretty good, LHP are underrated.

I suppose if you like WWE humour you'd enjoy the MITB, I thought it was awful, like a bastardised WWE version of a DDT Japan match, the food fight and the Stephanie cameo in particular were cringe.

Thought the ending to Strowman/Wyatt was pure, unfiltered wrestlecrap too, cannot take Bray seriously in his librarian attire either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was probably the worst of the cinematic matches to date, but it's also the only match I've watched in its entirety since Mania, so I enjoyed it enough.

Thrilled Otis won the case though. He's had a great few months, has obviously been one of the biggest stars on Smackdown, and the case will elevate him more than literally any of the others in the match (any of whom can be booked into a title program in 5 seconds by just having them challenge normally). Otis winning the title would be a massive feelgood moment when the crowds come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    Great fun. The gold standard does it again.

I said it in the Wrestlemania 36 thread, I'll say it again, it shouldn't take a worldwide pandemic for the supposed "gold standard" of professional wrestling to step up and put on quality television.

They're bog standard, coasting on their old glories.

• Advertisement

You are correct to assume the lower level. If they were going to go for the big one off the roof they would have had several different angles covering it all edited together. Hans Gruber wouldn't have gotten a look in on Nakatomi tower!
    It's very odd they didn't show another angle or point a camera there to show they were on another level or establish it more. Most people are assuming they were thrown from the roof and they'll probably get pissed when WWE 'brings them back' with no ramifications.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Saw it this morning, absolute genius!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It was probably the worst of the cinematic matches to date, but it's also the only match I've watched in its entirety since Mania, so I enjoyed it enough.

Thrilled Otis won the case though. He's had a great few months, has obviously been one of the biggest stars on Smackdown, and the case will elevate him more than literally any of the others in the match (any of whom can be booked into a title program in 5 seconds by just having them challenge normally). Otis winning the title would be a massive feelgood moment when the crowds come back.

Otis is booked as a comedy character nothing more, he's Vince's flavor of the month, he will be squashed when he does go to cash in as by then Vince will already be bored of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isnt leading to Otis using his MITB so Mandy can cash in on the Women's championship.

All Vince has done is destroyed a tag team in Heavy Machinery, waiting for the whole Tucker jealousy angle to start any day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can see from the aerial shots that there's a lower level where Black and Mysterio were thrown. But waiting for an update that Corbin has been fined for murdering them.
    They seem pretty sure that Otis won, even though AJ actually won. He had it in his hands, however briefly.
    And only half the women even made it to the roof for some reason. Dana was just in it for a couple comedy spots.
    Something very wrong with Brother Love zipping up his trousers after saying "I love you".
    And was that meant to be Doink?
    Asuka should've won a lot sooner with the head start she had.
    They got the women off the roof and the hook for their case away pretty quickly.

And now I'm wondering do all office buildings in America have a room with caskets, dry ice and mood lighting?

I saw it in the wide shot alright but couldn't figure out what side they had been thrown off. Still seems odd they didn't show a shot of them on the lower level.
    Aleister Black tweeted out a picture of a ghost so not really sure what it was meant to be. Seems like there's real mixed messages here. People will be annoyed if they weren't thrown off the roof I think.

One thing I've noticed about AJ is he's not the best when it comes to talking if not in a promo. He comes across as a serious guy who's trying to be funny. Have noticed it a few times with him.

Apart from Asuka, there was a big difference between the men's intros and the women. Like all the men come on talking smack and the women just come in and stand there politely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That SD tag match was pretty good, LHP are underrated.

I suppose if you like WWE humour you'd enjoy the MITB, I thought it was awful, like a bastardised WWE version of a DDT Japan match, the food fight and the Stephanie cameo in particular were cringe.

Thought the ending to Strowman/Wyatt was pure, unfiltered wrestlecrap too, cannot take Bray seriously in his librarian attire either.

Someone asked me the other day how I can enjoy DDT but hate everything about modern day WWE and even if you can put aside the horrible things that WWE have done for nearly 40 years and the more than questionable ethics of the Mcmahons and you judge it purely by what's on screen the answer is still simple: they do that stuff better than WWE, it comes across more spontaneous and fun, the MITB was just a bad WWE comedy skit extended to 30 minutes, and they understand that the top of their big cards needs legitimacy to thrive. The top of the WWE card has puppets in crowds, and idiots flying off roofs and a grunting comedy guy as their next big hope apparently.

Ultimately I watched though last night and I didn't really care, I drop in for the odd ppv, that's it. I'm not the guy having to watch that stuff every week. And more and more there's a declining number of people willing to sit through it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All office buildings must have random Doink the clowns running around the place too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All office buildings must have random Doink the clowns running around the place too

Can confirm:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gerrybbadd wrote: »

i wonder will we see a cross brand feud between Styles and Ottis and will lead to a briefcase on the line match at Backlash

• Advertisement

AJ won. Justice for AJ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    AJ won. Justice for AJ!

Well with the Carmella mitb win we learned it's the first person to possess the briefcase. AJ didn't have it fully.

But with Carmella, Ellsworth got the case which made it more of a grey area since he wasn't in the match and also isn't a woman.

Advertisement