Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goats chained together.

• 18-04-2020 12:03am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭

One of my running routes brings me past a field containing two goats. They are chained together and have been that way for a couple of years, since they were quite young (when I first noticed them). They both have neck collars and the chain (approx 1 metre) is attached to their collars

Anyone know what the idea behind this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Gaspode wrote: »
    One of my running routes brings me past a field containing two goats. They are chained together and have been that way for a couple of years, since they were quite young (when I first noticed them)

Anyone know what the idea behind this is?

Ah jasus.. A couple of years??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Ask the ISPCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Total speculation but might it be a tactic to make it too cumbersome for them to get out of a field that's inadequately fence maybe?
    I've heard of that being done between donkeys and wild young bulls to break their will but that'd only be done for a few days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

if you have an ounce of kindness you would free them with a chain cutter and not watch them suffer for years

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

if you have an ounce of kindness you would free them with a chain cutter and not watch them suffer for years

Puppieperson1, I'm getting a bit sick of having to ask you not to advocate illegal practices, particularly before the FACTS OF THE MATTER have been investigated.
    Once more, and I'm afraid action will have to be taken.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement

its illegal to tie up animals!

its illegal to tie up animals unsupervised and left to wander they would get caught in wire or drains and panic and cause bigger problems i would let them go and i have owned animals for 50 years. the travellers or ethnic minority you all so love so much on your PC site do these cruel things but we all kiss their asses cos there are ethnic they are JUST CRUEL IGNORANT BASTARDS END OF - ban me again i couldnt give a toss, you know i am right yes you do but you are so PC you are constipated with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Total speculation but might it be a tactic to make it too cumbersome for them to get out of a field that's inadequately fence maybe?
    I've heard of that being done between donkeys and wild young bulls to break their will but that'd only be done for a few days

Never seen or heard of that been done to young bulls

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

its illegal to tie up animals unsupervised and left to wander they would get caught in wire or drains and panic and cause bigger problems i would let them go and i have owned animals for 50 years. the travellers or ethnic minority you all so love so much on your PC site do these cruel things but we all kiss their asses cos there are ethnic they are JUST CRUEL IGNORANT BASTARDS END OF - ban me again i couldnt give a toss, you know i am right yes you do but you are so PC you are constipated with it .

Jayney :o
    There are so many breaches of the various site and forum rules going on here that I'm not sure where to start!
    Needless to say, there's nobody forcing you to be on these forums.... If you feel so negatively about thus site as you say you do, maybe for your own health it'd be best to take a step back from it all?
    In the meantime, no, I won't ban you. But you may not post in this thread again.
    Thank you,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Gary kk wrote: »
    Common practice with people training show animals.Halter them to a donkey and it will quieten them pretty quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Common practice with people training show animals.Halter them to a donkey and it will quieten them pretty quickly

Ah ok i though you meant the bulls chained together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Gary kk wrote: »

That’s a well proven method to break a bull for showing in the ring. But it’s always done under supervision and they are never just left tied together.

Advertisement