Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery health 98% v 97%!

Options
  • 18-04-2020 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am about to buy a nearly new XR and have the choice of one with 98% battery with a little (but quite deep) scratch in the front or one with 97% battery with no scratches! It’s a birthday present for my daughter who would be a heavy user so is the 1% a big deal?, sorry I’m over thinking this now but want her to be happy. I have a 6 month old XR myself and the battery health is 99% Is it a no brainier or what would you do?!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The better condition one. You’ll never ever notice the 1% battery difference. And the 98% battery health one will be at 97% by this time Next month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thank you for the reply. Whilst I have you there!, This will be replacing an iPhone 7 128GB which would be a perfectly good phone is the battery health wasn’t 55%! Would you consider replacing the battery?

Thank you for the reply. Whilst I have you there!, This will be replacing an iPhone 7 128GB which would be a perfectly good phone is the battery health wasn’t 55%! Would you consider replacing the battery?

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Don't want to create a new thread and this question is just out of curiousity: at what battery health percentage would you get a battery replacement? 85%? 80%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

rizzee wrote: »
    Don't want to create a new thread and this question is just out of curiousity: at what battery health percentage would you get a battery replacement? 85%? 80%?

I was advised today by a company that repairs phones that batteries should be changed at 80%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Surely it depends on your requirements.

If you travel a lot, or do a lot of call/video time you need a good battery. If you have charging cables by your bed, in your office, in your car etc, then it's not a big deal.

Advertisement