Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio deck.

Options
  • 18-04-2020 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello all.
    I’m building a Small deck about 6m x 6m, about 1/2 of the base is concrete n the rest is clay. Any idea if I should put a cover of concrete over the clay to stop the vermin from appearing underneath. It will be enclosed on 3 sides. 4x2 treated rafters deck boards on top.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

Curly head wrote: »
    Hello all.
    I’m building a Small deck about 6m x 6m, about 1/2 of the base is concrete n the rest is clay. Any idea if I should put a cover of concrete over the clay to stop the vermin from appearing underneath. It will be enclosed on 3 sides. 4x2 treated rafters deck boards on top.
    Thanks for any advice

Unless you're doing it properly tbe concrete is a waste of time
    Ref vermin,screw some of the decking in place for future baiting,and as you're laying down the decking,broken glass / pottery will help keep them away

Advertisement