Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to purmt this drawer on runners

• 18-04-2020 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi, not exactly a woodworking question but I recently customised a tv unit to turn it into a vanity unit.
    To do this i needed to cut a section out of the drawers.
    Unfortunately this means the drawer now comes off its runner when pulled out a bit (see pictures)
    I dont think i have the space for undermount fixings so im wondering does anyone else have any ideas how i could get the use if the full drawer again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Pictures

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do you need that extra corner of drawer space? Presumably the cut out is for the plumbing?

You could just move the side of the drawer in so that it's straight again (getting rid of the ply), and then box around the pipework and move the runner in, so in the end you have a narrower drawer (but the front of the drawer stays the same size) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

awec wrote: »
    Do you need that extra corner of drawer space? Presumably the cut out is for the plumbing?

You could just move the side of the drawer in so that it's straight again (getting rid of the ply), and then box around the pipework and move the runner in, so in the end you have a narrower drawer (but the front of the drawer stays the same size) ?

I get you,
    Hmm it might not be possible to do that now that everything is installed. I cant lift off the sink to get at the cavity in any meaningful way.
    I might be snookered as a result

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Do you need to lift the sink. Can you not just build
    the dummy box on the left hand side, slide it in an fix.

Then as suggested make a draw to fit the ope, fit the draw runner

on the dummy before you fit the dummy. Screw the dummy box from below.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Very impressed with this alright,

Axminster Trade AT254TS Table Saw Workstation

• Advertisement
Advertisement