Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting away with murder?

Options
  • 18-04-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Something struck me when talking to a work mate .His father had died during the week and the doctor took the death details over the phone and didn’t visit the house.
    So given the current situation and the amount of dead is there not the danger that someone could murder a elderly person and get await with it.Either in a nursing home or in their residence.
    Are there any checks /safe guards in place to prevent this happening?.

Comments

Something struck me when talking to a work mate .His father had died during the week and the doctor took the death details over the phone and didn’t visit the house.
    So given the current situation and the amount of dead is there not the danger that someone could murder a elderly person and get await with it.Either in a nursing home or in their residence.

Don't do it, Paddy! Just dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Anyone who had bats living in the attic have a genuine case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Don't do it, Paddy! Just dont!

Lol unfortunately all my Elderly relatives are already dead.Im the oldest.

Not saying how they died :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

so if your the oldest..that makes you the eldery one..... watch out paddy...watch out...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The case will be reviewed by the coroner.

If the death is consistent with a known situation, e.g. a terminal disease in an advanced stage, then investigations are likely to be limited.

If the death is inconsistent with such a situation, then additional measures will be taken, e.g. notifying Garda and doing an autopsy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm just wondering would a death be recorded as murder if the victim had Covid 19.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

You'd just have to suffocate them, if imagine it would be hard to tell but then that is not my area of expertise. Plenty people appearing to be stabbed and bludgeoned at the moment though if the news is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

remember Paulie in The Sopranos ;)
    *the scene in the nursing home where he kills his aunt with the pillow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Victor wrote: »
    The case will be reviewed by the coroner.

If the death is consistent with a known situation, e.g. a terminal disease in an advanced stage, then investigations are likely to be limited.

If the death is inconsistent with such a situation, then additional measures will be taken, e.g. notifying Garda and doing an autopsy.

Are all cases of death resulting from a medical condition reviewed by the Coroner?

Did the doctor actually issue a death certificate? Had he been dealing with the patient before the death?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are all cases of death resulting from a medical condition reviewed by the Coroner?
    I imagine all deaths are reviewed by the Coroner. Depending on the circumstances, that review might be quite basic.

A friend who had epilepsy died in circumstances consistent with dying from epilepsy. An autopsy or additional investigations was deemed not necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Victor wrote: »
    I imagine all deaths are reviewed by the Coroner. Depending on the circumstances, that review might be quite basic.

A friend who had epilepsy died in circumstances consistent with dying from epilepsy. An autopsy or additional investigations was deemed not necessary.
    I was prompted to go digging. It seems a bit more specific than that.

http://www.coroners.ie/en/cor/pages/deaths%20which%20must%20be%20reported%20to%20the%20coroner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ya probably want to watch your back so.................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Are stab wounds consistent with Covid-19? Asking for a friend :cool:

Advertisement