Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardware stores CAN Open

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

obi604 wrote: »
    so the stores will actually be open

Was employees cleaning the entrance to the one in Dun Laoghaire Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You missed the point. Hardwares were only allowed to deliver. They weren't allowed to open a retail outlet. You couldn't go more than a mile or so in Dublin without finding little hardware stores open. The only animal feed they sold was bird food.

There were hundreds of complaints about business breaking the regulations BUT not a single one was investigated. The government didn't enforce the regulations on businesses

Animal feed was considered essential, I didn't see anything defining what animals were/weren't essential either.

Most of the smaller hardwares were open as they supply household and industrial cleaning products (also essential) - personally I think many of the larger units decided to close due to staff risk while the one man band types chose their own way, our local one stop shop type contacted the gardai and HSE and were told it was ok to open once the distancing and hygiene guidelines were followed.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

argos is open this morning, at least the one im closest to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

any word on how bad it is in B&Q today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

RobAMerc wrote: »

not sure, I drive by 2 woodies this morning just after 9. one had about 4 in the queue, the other about 15. so not too bad overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Went to right price tiles this morning. 3 people there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

No visible change with Screw Fix, yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

woodies had a stupid queue at the blanch so i just turned around and came home, i'll try later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

RobAMerc wrote: »

Very long queue at B&Q Liffey Valley this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Woodies in Sandyford Industrial Estate at 3pm today had a queue of 25 people according to my next door neighbour.

• Advertisement

Got a video of the queue at B&Q Liffey Valley this morning but don't know how to upload it.
    There were approx 80 people in the queue that started all along the side towards the entrance and around part of the car park which was all cordoned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Big enough queue into 2 local hardwares here this morning and still packed at lunch when I passed again.
    Idiots mostly in to have a gander more than anything.

Funny thing is, they never closed. You could order and collect at the gate.

Woodies opened their doors at 7.30am because of the number of people queuing this morning according to the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Got a video of the queue at B&Q Liffey Valley this morning but don't know how to upload it.
    There were approx 80 people in the queue that started all along the side towards the entrance and around part of the car park which was all cordoned off.

Anyone know if that continued throughout the day or did it tail off?
    They close at 7pm which is strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Anybody been near B&Q Tallaght yet?
    Going to hold off till later on the week, or maybe next week I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

DavyD_83 wrote:
    Anybody been near B&Q Tallaght yet? Going to hold off till later on the week, or maybe next week I reckon

I had a look at the queue yesterday at 4pm. Approx 30-35 people in queue at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

Stigura wrote: »
    No visible change with Screw Fix, yet :(

Per their service update on their site they are now saying Nationwide delivery from Stores however there doesn't seem to be an option to place orders for delivery on the site. Maybe they are only accepting a limited number of orders each day or haven't fully opened up deliveries just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Just to update for anyone planning similar. I was in Goodwins, Mulhuddart yesterday at 14:20 and there was a queue of cars, vans and lorries of about 30mins to get into the yard. I was in a bit of a hurry to get back to work so was going to abandon it but they're no longer open Sat mornings and they said queues have been like that since they re-opened. A number of customers were arriving and turning away again at the sight of the queue. They're also closed from 13:00 to 14:00 each day.

They’re like clockwork for the closing times and the lunch break. Diamonds wouldn’t make them stay open.

• Advertisement
Advertisement