Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »

One bad photo ! He's going to have his phone hopping this weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »
    One bad photo ! He's going to have his phone hopping this weekend :rolleyes:

Well to be fair one bad photo is all that's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

What’s happening with bike prices these days? It’s gone nuts out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

tico1300 wrote: »

New bike forces sale , if it doesn't sell I'd happily keep it.

Which is it . .. reads like he knows 7k is a stupid price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm often on here laughing at crappy ads. I'll give credit to a good ad for once - a nice example of how to sell a bike:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/bmw-s1000rr/28074332

Might be looking for one of these in a few months. This one will be long gone by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

I’ll own one of those inside the next 5 years, I’ve too much on my hands to do it next year, which financially I could. About the only BMW I’d buy

Covid prices :rolleyes:

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'm often on here laughing at crappy ads. I'll give credit to a good ad for once - a nice example of how to sell a bike:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/bmw-s1000rr/28074332

Might be looking for one of these in a few months. This one will be long gone by then.

Nice ad and bike but I'm not parting with 10k without riding it myself. Holding on to the cash as you break it you buy fine. But not giving someone opportunity to check for problems no not for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

listermint wrote: »
    Nice ad and bike but I'm not parting with 10k without riding it myself. Holding on to the cash as you break it you buy fine. But not giving someone opportunity to check for problems no not for that money.

100% there's somethings you'll only notice by riding it first hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

listermint wrote: »
    Mjolnir wrote: »
    100% there's somethings you'll only notice by riding it first hand.

You're both right, but do think of the other side: say it was yours, and you selling it, how do you protect yourself (from calamity, theft, accident) when selling ?

Nobody goes around with bags of cash - and certainly not to random DD ads.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

galwaytt wrote: »
    You're both right, but do think of the other side: say it was yours, and you selling it, how do you protect yourself (from calamity, theft, accident) when selling ?

I think Listermint said to have the cash/draft with you and hand over to current owner, while testing?

Hand over the cash/draft, have them count it, check it then off on test.
    0% chance I'd expect to test it without some assurance equally 0% chance I'm giving you 10k and the only test I get to do is watch you ride it.

Discs can be warped that I can't see but will feel, same with brake or suspension issues, how the bike actually delivers its power across the band, wheel or bearing issues.

Very simple to agree on a deal in principle subject to test drive and the agreed upon sum acts as a deposit.
    You drop it during the test ride, I'm signing it over to you, keeping the cash, you can do what ya like with it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Hand over the cash/draft, have them count it, check it then off on test.
    0% chance I'd expect to test it without some assurance equally 0% chance I'm giving you 10k and the only test I get to do is watch you ride it.

Discs can be warped that I can't see but will feel, same with brake or suspension issues, how the bike actually delivers its power across the band, wheel or bearing issues.

Very simple to agree on a deal in principle subject to test drive and the agreed upon sum acts as a deposit.
    You drop it during the test ride, I'm signing it over to you, keeping the cash, you can do what ya like with it then.

Well i wouldn't take a Draft. Too easy and too many forged out there. Btdt, never again.

And again, say a €15k bike - €15k in notes ?? Nah, sorry, worked in sales & retail.for 30+ years, way too much dodgy stuff out there

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Well i wouldn't take a Draft. Too easy and too many forged out there. Btdt, never again.

And again, say a €15k bike - €15k in notes ?? Nah, sorry, worked in sales & retail.for 30+ years, waybtoo much dodgy stuff out there

I've worked in retail too, checking notes is piss easy.
    Not exactly hard to check notes, the pens cost feck all, black lights cost feck all, have a teller lodge/check the cash in a bank or put it through an ATM deposit.

What do you want a cheque? No one uses them anymore and too easily faked/bounced.
    EFT?, no one with two brain cells would transfer you the funds electronically before a test ride because if there's an undisclosed issue it's too hard get the money back.

If you don't want to deal in that level of cash stick to dealer sales at that level because private sales aren't for you.

If I'm selling something and you want a test ride cash in my hand at a time where I can verify it in a bank. I don't care if its €500 or €15k.

That bike looks clean, it could be on the verge of a catastrophic failure you can't see but might feel during the rise same goes for all bikes.

And again, say a €15k bike - €15k in notes ?? Nah, sorry, worked in sales & retail.for 30+ years, way too much dodgy stuff out there

That's all good stuff.

Then you can simply keep your bike.

On what planet you think I'd just give you 15k to take your second hand bike off you after watching you drive it up and down the road.

Bizarre tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Anyone see anything on the lower set height/ lower weight category for a scrawny 5f4 guy? No cruisers for me please.

Bikes in IRL are built for massive peeps, loads of nice bikes in the 600cc+ range for not much money, but are way too tall or too heavy.

Anything below 400cc and its mad money - CBR250RR, 400RR, 400SF, Old Ninja 300's, 400's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Anyone see anything on the lower set height/ lower weight category for a scrawny 5f4 guy? No cruisers for me please.

Bikes in IRL are built for massive peeps, loads of nice bikes in the 600cc+ range for not much money, but are way too tall or too heavy.

Anything below 400cc and its mad money - CBR250RR, 400RR, 400SF, Old Ninja 300's, 400's.

Lowering kits arn't that expensive for alot of bikes.
    Bikers with a mono shock sometimes have a kit that is just swap out the dog bones on the rear links to drop the bike down and then adjust the forks a little bit too
    the DR650 is lowered by just moving the Forks down and then the shock has a second mounting hole.
    My BMW was factory lowered by the previous owner though, but the seat is also the low version.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbr-600-f4i/28106266

The story of this bike keeps getting better, never taxed since being vrt'd, so no log book and you'll be the poor gob****e paying back tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbr-600-f4i/28106266

The story of this bike keeps getting better, never taxed since being vrt'd, so no log book and you'll be the poor gob****e paying back tax.

It'd be an easier sell if he sold it as a track bike.

GBX wrote: »
    It'd be an easier sell if he sold it as a track bike.

I never trust someone who can't be bothered getting a book, especially when the tax is €88, how tight and lazy can ya be.
    Yea probably would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Back in the used bike market now for the first time in years. Are prices insane at the moment? From looking on donedeal it seems my old Fazer hasn't depreciated in 10 years!!

Kev M wrote: »
    Back in the used bike market now for the first time in years. Are prices insane at the moment? From looking on donedeal it seems my old Fazer hasn't depreciated in 10 years!!

Same here, looking for a half decent slingshot but the old gixxer prices are nuts considering getting one from abroad instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

prices are gone a bit bananas alright, especially for the smaller old bikes. Brexit is one possible reason, as it impacts the supply of bikes coming from the UK, and people may have saved a few quid during covid and are buying bikes with that. it's a sellers market for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

shuyin1 wrote: »

Sure even 125s go for crazy money for what they are. If all you can get is an A1 or A2 licence your options are limited.

CBR250/400 etc are 20+ years old and were never officially imported here or in the UK.

I'd suggest an SV 650 and get it lowered if necessary

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Me - any leakage on the forks? (While asking someone else the cost to do it)
    Him - nah none at all, been torn a while

They stop leaking by themselves... eventually! :cool:

Scrap the cap!

Went for a spin to a dealer in co cork earlier & never have I seen so many 80’s and 90’s bikes, so many old gixxers and the bloke wouldn’t entertain the idea of selling any right now, was gutted just seeing so many of them gathering dust

tico1300 wrote: »
    Went for a spin to a dealer in co cork earlier & never have I seen so many 80’s and 90’s bikes, so many old gixxers and the bloke wouldn’t entertain the idea of selling any right now, was gutted just seeing so many of them gathering dust

So you went to hourigans ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone got 12 grand?
    42-FF4-E6-C-7550-423-A-8-BAA-C268093-D96-F4.png

Advertisement