Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I've some magic beans for sale if anyone is interested.

Only dreamers need apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

blade1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I've some magic beans for sale if anyone is interested.

Only dreamers need apply.

Busa offered for magic beans :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I always have a little giggle at the phrase “barn find”

I’d have considered a barn find to be something you found in a barn you recently bought and the previous owner forgot about.

12K for a bunch of busted Honda 50/90s isn’t a find. It’s a “I don’t have time for these restoration projects”

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    Busa offered for magic beans :p

I need the space for something else. :)

I need the space for something else. :)

NSR250?

• Advertisement

NSR250?

Nope, but you're close.
    A bit more sought after.
    Negotiations haven't started yet but was told it'll be normal price, not covid price.
    Nothing guaranteed yet though.

Nope, but you're close.
    A bit more sought after.
    Negotiations haven't started yet but was told it'll be normal price, not covid price.
    Nothing guaranteed yet though.

Our mutual contact?

Our mutual contact?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

https://raffall.com/232961/enter-raffle-to-win-2001-honda-929rr-fireblade-hosted-by-bergra-prizes

What is wrong with people hahaha.
    €3 a ticket 5,000 tickets lads....15k for a 929rr........

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Mjolnir wrote: »
    https://raffall.com/232961/enter-raffle-to-win-2001-honda-929rr-fireblade-hosted-by-bergra-prizes

What is wrong with people hahaha.
    €3 a ticket 5,000 tickets lads....15k for a 929rr........

Surely they wouldn't get 5000 tickets sold for that, even at 3 quid!

• Advertisement

Magown3 wrote: »
    Surely they wouldn't get 5000 tickets sold for that, even at 3 quid!

If they sell 4000 they keep the bike and have €1000 for their troubles.

I’d never raffle a bike nor partake in one. It’s another way of saying they can’t sell the bike at the price they want in the normal way. Waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Mjolnir wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbr-600-f4i/28106266

The story of this bike keeps getting better, never taxed since being vrt'd, so no log book and you'll be the poor gob****e paying back tax.

Did this last month with an ex UK DRZ400. Guy had paid the VRT in December, and has a couple of off-road bikes so was only using it in a Forest beside him.
    As advised by a friend (who used to work in Dept of transport in Shannon) we filled in an RF200, crossed out the top bit where it says "only for vehicles 1st registered pre '93", and sent it off to Shannon with a nice note asking them to contact either myself or the previous owner if they had any problems.
    3 days later the bike showed up on motortax.ie as having changed ownership and I was able to tax it online from the start of April (the month in which I purchased the Bike) and received both the VLC and Tax Disc 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

On a change of ownership tax is only due from the date of change. Is it different on an import that's never been taxed?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

No. It's exactly the same.
    You cannot be liable for tax on something you don't own.
    I was just putting the record straight as some people seem to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

Why does this have black plates xD
    Irish motorcycle plates have very little in terms of regulations, but you could be technically pulled over for this one.

My Dad's mate got pulled over for his being too small, and apparently being told the Garda should have gone to spec savers wasn't the correct answer to why he couldn't read it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

goblin59 wrote: »
    Why does this have black plates xD
    Irish motorcycle plates have very little in terms of regulations, but you could be technically pulled over for this one.

My Dad's mate got pulled over for his being too small, and apparently being told the Garda should have gone to spec savers wasn't the correct answer to why he couldn't read it properly
    I suppose some guards turn a blind eye or may not know that anything from 1987 on should have white plates.

I suppose some guards turn a blind eye or may not know that anything from 1987 on should have white plates.

I was told my 86 is obliged to have white plates because it’s not a ZV reg, this from a guy I tried buying black/silver plates from but he refused to do it after seeing the reg number

• Advertisement

I was told my 86 is obliged to have white plates because it’s not a ZV reg, this from a guy I tried buying black/silver plates from but he refused to do it after seeing the reg number

(b) Vehicles registered on or after 1 January, 1991
    For vehicles registered on or after 1 January, 1991, letters and numbers must be black set against a white background of reflex reflective material. The flag of the European Communities, the Nationality Symbol IRL, and the Irish language name of the City/County of registration to be shown.

Vehicles Registered on or after 1 January, 1987
    (c) For vehicles registered on or after 1 January, 1987, letters and numbers must be black set against a white background of reflex reflective material and minimum dimensions should be as shown in the sketches on
    page 4.

Vehicles Registered prior to 1 January, 1987
    (d) Reflex Reflecting Registration Plates
    Front registration plates should have black numbers and letters on a white background. Rear registration plates should have black numbers and letters on a red or white background.

(e) Non-Reflex Reflecting Registration Plates
    Front and rear registration plates should have white, silver or light grey numbers and letters on a black background.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

That's got to be a misprint. Surely you'd pick up a bike like that for £1500 across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

tico1300 wrote: »

Jeez that is gash.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Saw someone looking for €50 to test drive their bike. You get a refund if you buy it :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/250-cc-xlr/28163806

If it's even barely running it's one of the cheapest bikes on DD for ages.

Pity he's not sure what model it is :D

Sold within 20 hours.
    It was a '93 Kawasaki KLX250R. Road registered. Asking €500.
    From looking at the photos it needed a seat cover (€20)and some aliexpress Graphics (€14).
    Everything seemed to be complete, so assuming it ran OK all it may have needed was a service and Brake overhaul.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

"Must be herd" :D

A lot of motorbike ads suffer from very poor spelling and grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

"Must be herd" :D

A lot of motorbike ads suffer from very poor spelling and grammar.
    Cut them some slack, its Carlow! Its all about the Herd up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

• Advertisement

tico1300 wrote: »

Depends what it needs.
    There was a lovely one sold for 2200 recently.
    You mightn't be to far off that money if it needs a sprag clutch and various bits on top of getting it in decent shape.

Advertisement