Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

There's all kinds of time wasters though, some have no intention of buying a bike and seem to like playing donedeal wannabe, others want a brand new showroom condition beaut but they're ringing up about a fourteen year old bike for €3000 and tell you it has to be pristine because they're fussy, " so tell me if it's not immaculate and don't waste my time "

^^ This, expirienced it recently myself lad wanted hundreds off the bike because of "small bit of rust on passenger footpeg bracket and a slightly "lose chain". the bike was 18 years old and by far the chapeast on DD, it used as a comuter. its condition was described in detail in the add as I dident want to set unreasonable expectations. He showed up at my house with a bike trailer attached as if that would push me to sell it faster.

Regreted giving my address out after that, i just traded the the thing in to a dealer after that couldent be dealing with that sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Interesting topic: I'd forgotten how hilarious it was to buy a bike privatly in Ireland again.

So, saw a bike I'm interested in on DD on Thursday, made an arrangement to go see it Saturday. I'm in Galway, bike was in Killiney.

Turned up in a car, saw the bike, gave it a once-over, checked the paperwork, was happy to buy it. Made one offer, then a 2nd offer, and the deal was done. He wondered how we were getting the bike, as I didn't produce my gear to start hitting the road: I said bank transfer, and I'll be back Monday.

Which I was - in a van. He'd had his money, we signed on the dotted line, and away we went.

He was (still) astounded we'd come 'all the way' from Galway for it - he told me 1 guy in West Dublin wanted to know if the seller would bring it around to his house, to look at it - that he wouldn't travel to SoCoDo in case it wasn't as-described.

People are barking mad.

Anyway, his loss, our win - in our garage now :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Miscreant

galwaytt wrote: »
    Interesting topic: I'd forgotten how hilarious it was to buy a bike privatly in Ireland again.

So, saw a bike I'm interested in on DD on Thursday, made an arrangement to go see it Saturday. I'm in Galway, bike was in Killiney.

Turned up in a car, saw the bike, gave it a once-over, checked the paperwork, was happy to buy it. Made one offer, then a 2nd offer, and the deal was done. He wondered how we were getting the bike, as I didn't produce my gear to start hitting the road: I said bank transfer, and I'll be back Monday.

Which I was - in a van. He'd had his money, we signed on the dotted line, and away we went.

He was (still) astounded we'd come 'all the way' from Galway for it - he told me 1 guy in West Dublin wanted to know if the seller would bring it around to his house, to look at it - that he wouldn't travel to SoCoDo in case it wasn't as-described.

People are barking mad.

Anyway, his loss, our win - in our garage now :)

I did it the opposite way around. Drove to Galway one evening after work to view a bike and made a deal to buy it after a short spin around Knocknacarra, Taylor's Hill and Salthill. Gave a small deposit and agreed to be back a few days later to get the bike. As I was getting the bus from Dublin, the seller even collected me from the bus depot in Galway when I arrived. It was the nicest transaction I ever had. Incidentally, the bike had been advertised for weeks and no-one was willing to make the trip to Galway to even have a look... Not like it was in the back of beyond in fairness!

Perhaps some of the awkwardness in these transactions comes from the money involved? Figures of several thousand euro tend to make people nervous and some are reluctant to do bank transfers in case you pull a fast one and have the transaction reversed from their account after you have taken the bike. That being said, I would never rock up to someone's house with thousands in cash either. Other times, I think people just try it on for the laugh to see if a seller is desperate enough to get rid of a machine that they will take low ball offers.

There's nowt as strange as folk! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Just seen this one on adverts.ie

https://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/bmw/bmw-s1000rr-sport-2018/22655573

4 years old, not in the MSport colours and wants €17,600 :eek:
    These bikes were around €18,500 new in that colour.

I get the mileage is low and is has an Akra Can, but its very pricey.
    You can get a brand new one From €18,885* off Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Just seen this one on adverts.ie

https://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/bmw/bmw-s1000rr-sport-2018/22655573

4 years old, not in the MSport colours and wants €17,600 :eek:
    These bikes were around €18,500 new in that colour.

I get the mileage is low and is has an Akra Can, but its very pricey.
    You can get a brand new one From €18,885* off Joe Duffy.

Interesting that he accepted an offer of €15k about 4 months ago and the machine is still for sale. He also rejected an offer of a trade and cash last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Miscreant wrote: »
    Interesting that he accepted an offer of €15k about 4 months ago and the machine is still for sale. He also rejected an offer of a trade and cash last month.

It's adverts.ie though so that means nothing. People make offers for the buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Offer only accepted so he could PM. Telling it wasnt sold - even if the offer of 15k was legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I did it the opposite way around. Drove to Galway one evening after work to view a bike and made a deal to buy it after a short spin around Knocknacarra, Taylor's Hill and Salthill. Gave a small deposit and agreed to be back a few days later to get the bike. As I was getting the bus from Dublin, the seller even collected me from the bus depot in Galway when I arrived. It was the nicest transaction I ever had. Incidentally, the bike had been advertised for weeks and no-one was willing to make the trip to Galway to even have a look... Not like it was in the back of beyond in fairness!

Perhaps some of the awkwardness in these transactions comes from the money involved? Figures of several thousand euro tend to make people nervous and some are reluctant to do bank transfers in case you pull a fast one and have the transaction reversed from their account after you have taken the bike. That being said, I would never rock up to someone's house with thousands in cash either. Other times, I think people just try it on for the laugh to see if a seller is desperate enough to get rid of a machine that they will take low ball offers.

There's nowt as strange as folk! :)

I had a guy send me 23K last year during the summer for a Harley. He had only seen the pictures and a video of it.

Wasn't collected until all the money arrived and cleared in my account. It was some gamble on his side because he didn't know me from Adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

Didn't accept the offer though, was only to open dialogue.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

D3V!L wrote: »
    I had a guy send me 23K last year during the summer for a Harley. He had only seen the pictures and a video of it.

Wasn't collected until all the money arrived and cleared in my account. It was some gamble on his side because he didn't know me from Adam.

Aye but Harley drivers are an odd bunch 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »

Did he come back looking for his money when it broke down or did he wait until he got it home? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »
    Did he come back looking for his money when it broke down or did he wait until he got it home? :D

Never heard from him again. He's probably still waiting for the recovery truck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Looks like my old CBF is being sold, feels bad she didn't get the same enjoyment as I did from it and looks to have taken a wee drop.

Barely 200 miles since October last year when I sold it to her (25,307). In that same amount of time, I'd almost done 9K miles on it when I bought it.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbf600sa/28341042

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

Looks like my old CBF is being sold, feels bad she didn't get the same enjoyment as I did from it and looks to have taken a wee drop.

Barely 200 miles since October last year when I sold it to her (25,307). In that same amount of time, I'd almost done 9K miles on it when I bought it.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbf600sa/28341042

to be fair, at least she admitted to herself the bike is too high.
    Had a go on my Dads DR650 yesterday, and that thing is nearly an inch taller than my own DR. take off and slowing down can be dodgy

Next time I have the DR in Fermanagh ill get a picture to compare them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Perhaps some of the awkwardness in these transactions comes from the money involved? Figures of several thousand euro tend to make people nervous and some are reluctant to do bank transfers in case you pull a fast one and have the transaction reversed from their account after you have taken the bike.

It's not possible to reverse a bank transfer unless the beneficiary does it.

225 of these limited edition made.

Rossi had one and donated it to an Aprilia shop or factory
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprillia-tuono-factory-special-edition/28434580

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

blade1 wrote: »
    225 of these limited edition made.

Rossi had one and donated it to an Aprilia shop or factory
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprillia-tuono-factory-special-edition/28434580

Did his Granny knit the seat for him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Did his Granny knit the seat for him? :confused:

Are those covers on the brake lights?

micknail wrote: »
    Are those covers on the brake lights?

No.
    Someone has swapped out the originals for clear lenses.
    At least originals can still be bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

https://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/honda/2000-honda-vfr-800/24125900

Selling if anyone interested...(no viewers yet)
    (Price is neg)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

any luck with selling the VFR Bronson?

If I had the bike test done and dusted i might try my hand at this... despite the very low power.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-bt1100-bulldog-2003/28585266

Dan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

A super naked. 3.5k absolute max. Any suggestions?

This lad doesn't even know what he is selling.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/02-fireblade-954/28756468

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Presumably a bike with "plenty off power".

Well it's not a 954 so maybe it doesn't have plenty of power either.🏍️

Besides the price...

No time to ride anymore, may swap for Africa Twin......hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

I sold an identical bike to that 4 weeks ago for 3000€

• Advertisement

€700 for shipping.

Advertisement