Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

D3V!L wrote: »
    What height are you ?

Six foot sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Six foot sexy!

:D Modest aswell lad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I sat on one over at EICMA a few years back.
    Wasn't to crampy at all.

514615.jpg

She didn't look crampy on it either mind you...

514616.jpg
    #justsayin

Christ...looks like the Mitchell brothers having a race...and a skinny Paul Brennan ..biggrin.png

And yer wan needs to visit Greggs several times......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Christ...looks like the Mitchell brothers having a race...and a skinny Paul Brennan ..biggrin.png

And yer wan needs to visit Greggs several times......:p

Nah, she's plenty aerodynamic as she is. No point weighing the bike down with unnecessary luggage and saddlebags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    I know where there's a couple of Seca's.
    Whether they are for sale is another thing.
    veetwin wrote: »
    Yeah would love to hear of a Seca/Maxim if there is one going.

Thanks all for the valuable information.

The seca's I mentioned.
    Two to be restored and another almost complete.
    Not for sale at the moment.

A bit of work ahead on these two
    IMG-20200605-140233.jpg

IMG-20200605-141913.jpg

IMG-20200605-142101.jpg

A bimoto db2
    IMG-20200605-140311.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Bimota morini and cbx are lust worthy. Would that garage be in watergrasshill by any chance?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Bimota morini and cbx are lust worthy. Would that garage be in watergrasshill by any chance?

Not watergrasshill no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

standard looking Katana too....is he a dealer..??

standard looking Katana too....is he a dealer..??

Could you call him a dealer when he won't sell anything?
    Lots of more stuff there.
    Several cbx's,GT750's, Z1300 etc etc.
    I'm more into newer stuff he has even though that stuff is nearer my era and I like it.
    A few Ducatis, a lovely RVF400 and even a Zx7r that looks spanking new, I wouldn't mind having.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/151-versys-1000-open-to-reasonable-offers-/24731616
    Only ever saw one on Irish roads. I wonder why the japs have not really embraced the whole high horsepower traillie thing like ktm, Ducati and BMW? Imagine a k5 engine in a tight tall chassis, where do I sign?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-hornet/24998178
    Not sure about the headlight but serious spec! Was these raced? Hornet Cup?!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbr1000f/24996884
    Solid machine for 1400! Loads of go.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/929-fireblade-only-2400/24996401
    Lovely colours. Easiest bike to go fast on I've owned. Yer man selling sounds like he's pissed at the wheeler done dealers wrekin his head lol.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/gs-500/24994170
    For Devil!
    For the price of a water-cooled gs service in duffys or optional HD emblazoned lifestyle accessories you could have this:) and it will actually get you where you need to go, act fast!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ducati-hyperstrada-821/24991664
    Screams fun.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsx-s1000-al8-abs/24991656
    Roadbike heaven? Pig ugly tho:(

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsx-r-1300-hayabusa/24990829
    Had one in these colours, I see he's fitted early 4 pot toks to it, anythings better than the 6's. Seem to be going up in value compared to a couple yrs ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

7 years older than the Versys similar miles and half the price.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/kawasaki-klv-1000/24920666

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

One of the big dealers was open to the public over the weekend. I had a nice look around and noticed a fairly new Kawasaki model that I'm interested in.
    It was clearly straight out of the box because it still had the blue plastic stuck to the can. Shockingly there was a very large sweeping scratch across the tank !! :eek:

Seemingly they put all brand new bikes out to the floor and expect customers to drop 10's of thousands on them when the public have been climbing all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Not sure about the headlight but serious spec!

Looks like a WWII gas mask.
    Has "bridal houses" though :pac:

Lotta bike for the money there. Friend of mine used to call them "the ballistic sofa". I'd rather have a ZZR tho :p
    929 in (mostly) blue. sheeeit.
    As I've said before, a great middleweight bike and can tour and does actually handle.
    With tent and nylon saddle bags on, I showed a clean pair of heels to a Bandit 1200 up an Alpine switchback once.. admittedly the B12 was two-up, but that ascent was some of the best two-wheeled fun I've ever had.Grounded out the saddle bags a bit :pac:

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Lots of accessories don't = increase in price.

Someone will be taking a hit I think

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-motorcycle/25005700

KildareMan wrote: »
    Lots of accessories don't = increase in price.

Someone will be taking a hit I think

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-motorcycle/25005700

You can get a brand new NC750X for that price !!

Mores the point you can get a new cb500x cheaper and add accessories you want

Mores the point you can get a new cb500x cheaper and add accessories you want

I'm presuming the under seat storage of the one in the ad is full of crack. Might make up the difference in price and the ludicrous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Ye Gods, Bike prices [2nd hand] have gone crackers! I wonder is it on account of the lack of imports this summer.

Dan.

I dunno but is that fella really asking for in excess of the price of the bike new lol? That would be a momentous wheeler dealer done dealer first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I dunno but is that fella really asking for in excess of the price of the bike new lol? That would be a momentous wheeler dealer done dealer first!

There's an RC8 up at the moment in a dealer asking for more than they ended up being cleared for in M50 KTM (13,500) due to being hard to sell.

• Advertisement

Another one who thinks accessories always add to the value of the bike

Ye Gods, Bike prices [2nd hand] have gone crackers! I wonder is it on account of the lack of imports this summer.

Loads of bargains at the moment if you're quick off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Well I've been trying to buy a particular bike in the UK for the last month, and the prices being sought - and achieved for some - is bonkers, so the old adage about 'pent up demand' must mean something tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25044949

My friend is selling his Kawasaki 650 Ninja. Only recently bought it but wants to get a cruiser now instead. Runs great and the colour really pops. Worth a look anyway :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm in the market for a middleweight (600-750cc) bike currently.

I've done a lot of online searches and have concluded that the prices being asked for are very high in Ireland.

I saw a 650 mass market bike last night. New it's €8000. 5 years old and with 20000 miles it's for sale at €4800. I'd value it about €3250.

Much better value in the UK I reckon, and VRT isn't too bad either. You'd even have a bit of an adventure sourcing and riding one back.

I'm in the market for a middleweight (600-750cc) bike currently.

I've done a lot of online searches and have concluded that the prices being asked for are very high in Ireland.

I saw a 650 mass market bike last night. New it's €8000. 5 years old and with 20000 miles it's for sale at €4800. I'd value it about €3250.

Much better value in the UK I reckon, and VRT isn't too bad either. You'd even have a bit of an adventure sourcing and riding one back.
    In normal times it's great going over, as you say an adventure. Now? Enjoy your 2 weeks isolation on return.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

batman_oh wrote: »
    There's an RC8 up at the moment in a dealer asking for more than they ended up being cleared for in M50 KTM (13,500) due to being hard to sell.

Water pump seal done on it I wonder?
    Otherwise it could be a very costly bike for the buyer down the line....
    (Replacement engine)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

In normal times it's great going over, as you say an adventure. Now? Enjoy your 2 weeks isolation on return.

Shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

The selection is much better alright, but after a bit of research, it seems like such a pain to either take the risk of getting pulled by the cops, OR the expense of a van or trailer.

I'd love to go over, but from reading previous threads, the tax and insurance side of things sounds unnecessarily complex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The selection is much better alright, but after a bit of research, it seems like such a pain to either take the risk of getting pulled by the cops, OR the expense of a van or trailer.

I'd love to go over, but from reading previous threads, the tax and insurance side of things sounds unnecessarily complex?

Not that complex. Ideally the bike is still taxed and the insurance can be sorted by one phone call.

Advertisement