Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurer not sending out Cert Covid 19 excuse, no one in the office

Options
  • 18-04-2020 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

So, as per title,

My insurer (broker) hasnt sent out a new cert/disc (I replaced my car), I got an email with attachment, but the cert/disc has COPY emblazoned across it and I dont think I can just print that off.
    What Im more concerned about is not getting my renewal information sent to me by post.
    The reasoning Ive been given for this is that NO ONE is in the office, which I find a bit hard to belive that there isnt one single isolated individual allowed in the office or that paperwork cant be printed off remotely or generated automatically and posted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I got the same. I clicked the box for the documents to be posted out, as I currently have no access to a printer, only to get an email saying they will email them out because of covid. (Which I still haven't got a week later btw.)

It's not an issue right now because I'm out of work and I have access to another car, but if I'm called back into work it will be an issue. I'm with 123.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭hhmmm?

Print out the copy, print out the correspondence stating nobody at work, put disc in car and keep correspondence in glovebox for if stopped. Get actual disc posted out after this blows over.

hhmmm? wrote: »
    Print out the copy, print out the correspondence stating nobody at work, put disc in car and keep correspondence in glovebox for if stopped. Get actual disc posted out after this blows over.

No printer here at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭User1998

You have insurance so no need to worry. If a guard request it just print the policy and present it at garda station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Keep the copy on your phone then.

If you have to go to work print it there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

pablo128 wrote: »
    No printer here at home.

The world has no shortage of printers

I actually had my cert posted out this morning. A week late, but there you go.

Advertisement