Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Nahi's Churchyard aka Churchtown Graveyard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Boscod

A database of burials, available to view at the RCBI, might also be of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭BowWow

Boscod wrote: »
    A database of burials, available to view at the RCBI, might also be of interest.

Thanks, for that particular cemetery?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Boscod

BowWow wrote: »
    Thanks, for that particular cemetery?

Yes, St Nahi's for sure, it's the transcription of the burial registers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭BowWow

Boscod wrote: »
    Yes, St Nahi's for sure, it's the transcription of the burial registers.

Thanks again, a visit there is now on the list of things to do when the lockdown ends...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

There is also available in the Churchtown Library, a thesis/dissertation by the late Harry Griffiths on St Nathi's which has that plot location map. I think I needed to access the actual burial register book and cross reference the two, to work out the location of relatives there. It is an interesting place to visit. It usually features in the County Council 'Summer of Heritage' tours. There is a service in the small chapel at 11 am of a Sunday in normal times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Garlinge wrote: »
    There is also available in the Churchtown Library, a thesis/dissertation by the late Harry Griffiths on St Nathi's which has that plot location map. I think I needed to access the actual burial register book and cross reference the two, to work out the location of relatives there. It is an interesting place to visit. It usually features in the County Council 'Summer of Heritage' tours. There is a service in the small chapel at 11 am of a Sunday in normal times.

Dundrum Library presumably? It is just around the corner from the graveyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I think Garlinge meant the RCBI Library

https://www.ireland.anglican.org/about/rcb-library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

I took some phot's there for a friend a few years ago (3?4?). It was well-maintained then but the stone I wanted was broken and fallen. Stumbled across the grave of Seamus Brennan TD who is buried there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

My apologies, yes the Church of Ireland Library on Braemore Road near Mt Carmel Hospital.

Advertisement