Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of lawn grass

Options
  • 18-04-2020 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi guys. I have a lawn which I am going to get rid off and cover with gravel instead. Just wondering what’s the easiest way to get rid of the grass and kill any weeds that may be there to. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

This is the gardening forum, don't do it!
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

unless you want the gravel to be several inches higher than the lawn level, i assume you'll be peeling back the soil anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Make a supply of good topsoil out of it, for raised beds, flower beds, etc:
    Cut it away in sods, hopefully all the same sort of size and find a convenient spot to stack it in your back garden for a few months. You must make sure to;
    1. cut the grass short before you begin removing the sods
    2. stack them all upside down.
    3. cover over with black plastic.
    After a few months when the vegetation has rotted away you will have a stack of good fertile topsoil.

Advertisement