Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz or The World's End

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Spurred by this thread, I rewatched The World's End last night as I don't think I've watched it since I saw it at the cinema.

It's definitely the weakest of the 3 films, but oddly I think watching it at home served it better. The script is definitely the weakest of the three; the addiction storyline doesn't really dovetail with the going-back-to-your-home-town storyline as well as it needs to, and while it's riffing on action sci-fi movies the balance of character comedy to action daftness felt off to me. Even watching at home, it feels too long - whereas SotD and Hot Fuzz both feel like they're the right length for the stories they tell.

The core cast is good, though, and some of the comedy is great - there's a real chemistry between the leads. Shame we didn't get something that focused more on that and a bit less on the bombast.

Advertisement