Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone with broadband.

• 19-04-2020 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hey Guys
    I'd like if someone could tell me as I can't seem to find that answer...I have broadband and phone with vodafone (45 a month) right now but I see that EIR are offering just broadband for 30 a month, thing is I only need broadband...but I need the house phone just for receiving calls not outgoing calls so if I got that 30 a month EIR offer would the house phone still work for receiving calls?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

laneooo wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    I'd like if someone could tell me as I can't seem to find that answer...I have broadband and phone with vodafone (45 a month) right now but I see that EIR are offering just broadband for 30 a month, thing is I only need broadband...but I need the house phone just for receiving calls not outgoing calls so if I got that 30 a month EIR offer would the house phone still work for receiving calls?
    The €29.99pm 12-month entry-level bundle from Eir includes Broadband and phone with free off-peak calls to Irish landlines & mobiles. If you dont want to use the phone for outgoing calls it will still work. You can also add mobiles for €9.99 each(SIM-only), and TV for €9.99. The Eir bundles with mobile are particularly good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

yeah Eir are 29.99 for 12 months, 50e activation fee and then 59.99 per month thereafter for a package retaining your phone number even for inbound calls. You'd probably be better off on Vodafone or looking at other broadband providers to see if there's anything cheaper. Pure Telecom may be cheaper but I dont know what their quality of service is compared to others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did you try ringing VF and asking for best price on 12 month contract? I've found they can offer decent deals

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

TheDriver wrote: »
    Did you try ringing VF and asking for best price on 12 month contract? I've found they can offer decent deals

I did yes for broadband few months back...it was at the time 25 euro for 6 months then 45 after six months with broadband and phone was unbeatable price tbh that's my current contract that's ending soon.
    So seems just to switch provider every 12 months again as I have the last 2 years but was just wondering if I could get an offer for 30 euro for broadband and just use inbound calls as I never ring out with phone.

Advertisement