Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill

Options

Comments

I second this question, I’m also looking for someone to recommend a good make and model of treadmill for use at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I was literally just coming on to ask about getting a treadmill for an apartment! What I was wondering was, is it safe, as in, it won't crash down through the floor or anything?! :o

I was looking at secondhand ones on Adverts, looks to be good deals on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

capefear wrote: »
    https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Fitness/Home-Gym-Equipment/Treadmills/NordicTrack-T14-0-Treadmill/p/000000000001090343

Hi guys

Looking at getting a threadmill, a friend recommended the above, any one have one? What’s it like.

Do threadmills make a lot of noise as it will be going into a first floor apartment?

TIA

I have one from Elvery's and its a very solid machine, not a patch on that one so I'd say that is a great recommendation.

They are fairly heavy machines plus the weight of yourself in a sprint could make thumping noises that your neighbours down below would hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

capefear wrote: »
    Do threadmills make a lot of noise as it will be going into a first floor apartment?

TIA

Yes they do. :o TB some of them even make a lot of noise just being 'on' without you running on them. But with you plus the noise of the machine itself they are noisy.

But i am sure if you used it at a regular sensible time your neighbors wouldn't mind for like 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

I considered getting a TM for a while but decided against it. The monotony would drive me nuts. I much prefer getting out in all weather for some variety.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I bought a Proform carbon TL and I’m happy with it. 6 months later.

Hi. Fair enough. Do you use it most or every day? How do you pass the time (podcasts/videos?). Durations?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I use it everyday that I don’t go to the gym. Anywhere from 30-45 minutes usually.

hook up the iPad to it and play Spotify, or maybe watch the odd comedy…it has a decent enough Bluetooth speaker…and the treadmill itself is quite quiet.

I'd hate to have to go to a gym. I use a combo of morning walks outside, Tabata exercise on my ancient York exercise bike a few times a week, and dumbbells + push-ups a few times a week.

You're got a good set up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement