Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAHL 79449-317 hair clippers

Options
2»

Comments

rubadub wrote: »
    Sounds like it was faulty so, or that the power adjust screw was not set correctly, many do not even know they have a power screw on it, or indeed how to use it correctly. Did you not bring it back, esp. if it was expensive.

I did. I ordered that one as Wahl were taking a while to repair/replace it. When it eventually arrived I ended up continuing to use the generic one as I preferred it. :)

My dad has the cheap Wahl one you mentioned though and he does like it. Although I believe he has approximately six hairs left on his head these days. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This is due to arrive today!

Whatever about the clipper and my ability to use it, that's a serious good service from terrisales (ordered Sunday night.)

Got a trim this evening, courtesy of a nervous OH.
    Went well... Certainly the machine and the service from Terrisales couldn't be faulted TBH. Highly recommend them based on this purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rubadub wrote: »

Thank you for that informative post.

That explains why I'm walking around like a skinhead so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That explains why I'm walking around like a skinhead so.
    hahaha, you get used to it fairly quickly, whenever I dropped a blade size it always seemed like OMG what have I done! but then got used to it and evenutally dropped more and more, it is also easier to cut the shorter it is.

People will grow on average a blade size per week, so a 2 will be like a blade 4 in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

MaceFace wrote: »
    LOL.

I am still using a Wahl I got in Australia in 2002. Use it monthly and the only problem is trying to find the travel plug that keeps on going missing.

I have a remington from around the same time, I turned 18 and started shaving my head, I bought here :) The little handle that adjusts the fine gap for the blades has snapped off but I just shave it clean anyway so no issues there. Probably the best investment I ever made!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 colmd123

Normal price is about £20

can you post a link to this item at £20. i can't seem to find them anywhwere for that price.

colmd123 wrote: »
    can you post a link to this item at £20. i can't seem to find them anywhwere for that price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-WAHL-79449-317-GROOMEASE-HAIR-CLIPPER-TRIMMER-GIFT-SET-18-PIECE-KIT/264262200254?&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

Use Parcel Motel etc. Note that seller is currently marked as not active.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

blindsider wrote: »
    Bought a Wahl corded Colour Pro clippers on Amazon 4 yrs ago for £32.

Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit

Probably got it sent to Parcel Motel. Less than E45 delivered. Still working today...although Mrs B says "...that it doesn't seem to have to work as hard these days..."

...not sure what she means...;-)

Tell her dont worry, her makeup is working harder to compensate ;P

then run....

Advertisement