Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted corner tv bracket?

Options
  • 19-04-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I am looking for ideas for wall mounting a 55" smart tv. Located in corner of a rectangular room. Finding it difficult to find a corner tv unit to suit 55" and above TVs. Trying to stay away from units with sharp edges and corners due to kids, that is why I'm looking at wall mounting. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If possible (it isn't always) my preference is to flat mount the TV as close to the wall as possible on a wall at a comfortable viewing height. Best of all when this is at the centered on the wall with left, right and center speakers carefully positioned for optimal sound. Items such as satellite boxes, game consoles, AV amplifier etc. are kept well away and discreetly housed in a separate unit so as to provide a minimalist look. This look only works when no cabling is visible. The quality of cabling is important especially HDMI, speaker and satellite cabling so as to ensure excellent sound and picture quality. I also ensure that devices such as streaming devices have dedicated ethernet points.

There is a bit of work involved in this but in my opinion it is worth it. I'm sure plenty will disagree but that is the way I like to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Corner mounted tv brackets for up to 70” TVs are available from Amazon.
    They do not ship directly to Ireland so you would need to use Parcel Motel or similar for delivery..

Advertisement