Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Anyone Know What This Tree Is? (Photos)

Options
  • 19-04-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping to build a very small shed / garage, however in order to do so, I will have to move a tree (as per photos).

I have a few questions which hopefully someone can help with.

01 - Do you know what type of tree this is?

02 - Is it a tree that has large roots?

03 - Someone had suggested that this tree is not in good health, and that I should just cut it down. For those that are familiar with these type of trees, does it look unhealthy?

Thank you in advance for your help.

IMG-0355.jpg

IMG-0356.jpg

IMG-0389.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Pittosporum tenuifolium, a variegated variety I'll try and work which one later.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

Ok great, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

paul7g wrote: »

Varigrated pittisporum niagra - it should have a beautiful oval tree shape - looks like it has been chopped and hacked a bit. Evergreen and beautiful - Doubt it will do well if moved.

paul7g wrote: »

Must be very old to get to that size, is the site sheltered?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's no way you could move a tree that size successfully without bankrupting yourself. you'd probably need a crane to lift the rootball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

Thanks all.

It's a new house on an old site.

The best thing might be to just cut it down, but I feel bad about not saving it, despite growing 20+ trees out the back of the house :-)

Varigrated pittisporum niagra - it should have a beautiful oval tree shape - looks like it has been chopped and hacked a bit. Evergreen and beautiful - Doubt it will do well if moved.

Pittisporum niagra is same as Pittosporum tenuifolium

Advertisement