Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mid range Android Phone

• 19-04-2020 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I know it's not the best time to be looking for new phones but my 2017 Galaxy A5 fell on its screen today and I'm debating whether I should just get a new one instead of fixing it. I was really happy with this one so you can imagine my needs for a phone (or knowledge!) isn't the most extensive. I've been looking at the Galaxy A71 for around 400 euro since I was so happy with my last Samsung, however i've noticed in any general phone review articles there's not really any Samsung phones. I'd never heard about that Xiaomi phone so I'm curious about that one, the Google phone also looks ok. I've heard of One Plus but those phones would be out of my budget which would be around 400-500. Would anyone have any recommendations or advise staying away from particular phones?

Thanks, hope you're all staying safe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

UrbanFret wrote: »

Thanks.

Just wondering, would there be any hassle with Chinese phones still with the US? I don't know too much about it but I was wary of getting a Huawei phone due to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Thanks.

Just wondering, would there be any hassle with Chinese phones still with the US? I don't know too much about it but I was wary of getting a Huawei phone due to this.

Are you in the US? I think the problem is with Google
    which means that Huawei can't preload new phones with Google apps like Maps and YouTube, the Play Store or Google Assistant. No problem with Xiaomi that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Are you in the US? I think the problem is with Google
    which means that Huawei can't preload new phones with Google apps like Maps and YouTube, the Play Store or Google Assistant. No problem with Xiaomi that I'm aware of.

No, here in Ireland. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I got Galaxy A8 mainly to get the increased storage. Very happy.... got it in Argos bet 2 and 300.

• Advertisement
Advertisement