Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVI- 21,983 in ROI (1,339 deaths) 3,881 in NI (404 deaths)(05/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Another big enough drop in italy cases today, +2,256 cases, lowest since 10th March.

How many deaths were announced there today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Michael Dwyer

I always find the "nature is my gym" types to be the people who do little or no exercise.

Gyms will definitely be back and hopefully more people will have used this time to get into exercise.

It's like saying office spaces will never be back - they might be scaled back a bit but people will still want to have a clear distinction between home & work, while also enjoying the social element of working in an office.

I use both the gym and running, cycling etc.

I find the opposite. A lot of gym goers do their sets at really low intensity. Many are aerobically unfit. Do a set, catch their breath on the phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I use both the gym and running, cycling etc.

I find the opposite. A lot of gym goers do their sets at really low intensity. Many are aerobically unfit. Do a set, catch their breath on the phone etc.

You find the opposite of what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I always find the "nature is my gym" types to be the people who do little or no exercise.

Gyms will definitely be back and hopefully more people will have used this time to get into exercise.

It's like saying office spaces will never be back - they might be scaled back a bit but people will still want to have a clear distinction between home & work, while also enjoying the social element of working in an office.

I think lots of people will continue to work out at home, with the exception of arnold schwarzenegger types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Of what you previously said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

FVP3 wrote: »
    I think lots of people will get to work out at home, with the exception of arnold schwarzenegger types.

Given the choice I wouldn’t. It’s just not for me and like the structure of going to the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

How many deaths were announced there today?

Deaths were up 21 from yesterday, but given the daily figures are over 4,000, within the statistical margin of error.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oaklodge Nursing Home in Cloyne in Cork has no cases and now has a new device to check temperatures of patients and staff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Northern Ireland now expecting 10% of deaths initially predicted

Northern Ireland's projected death rate from the coronavirus in the first 20 weeks of the pandemic has been revised to 1,500, down from the 15,000 fatalities projection made at the beginning of March.

The new 'reasonable worst case scenario statistic' was given by the Stormont Health Minister, Robin Swann, at a media briefing a short time ago.

At the beginning of March, before measures to tackle the pandemic were in the place, modelling suggested as many as 15,000 people could die in Northern Ireland.

The latest available official figures suggest 207 people have died from the virus. In reality the total is higher because this calculation does not include the deaths in care homes.

One in nine (53) of Northern Ireland's care homes have residents with the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Michael Dwyer

That gym goers are fitter that runners etc. Most do low intensity exercise in gyms. Catching breath while on their mobile. I frequent gyms and train outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Looks like the Bundesliga will be starting up again behind closed doors on May 9th. Just waiting clearance from the German Health Ministry.

RIP 77 today's deceased

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

77 new deaths. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

77 deaths today.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP 77 today's deceased

Not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭BurnUp78

Rip to the 77 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

401 new cases

That is the one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

WTI crude is at 5$, yes 5$.

Christ almighty, RIP.

401 new cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

RIP 77 today's deceased

Awful number. Per capita it's close to Italy at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

christ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

per capita that's higher than italys peak death rate

The government did a lot of good, but their handling of nursing homes has been catastrophic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

RIP 77 today's deceased

Aw no.....that's a horrible total :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Anyone got comments on today’s figures? Why are they still so high?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

The situation in nursing homes is going to be an absolute scandal, people being left to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

77 reported deaths today. You'd wonder is there more deaths being reported today that weren't listed as covid related prior to the weekend, has to be largely nursing homes unfortunately. RIP to all.

401 new cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

FVP3 wrote: »
    Of what you previously said.

His point didnt really have much relation to anything I said.

I think he misunderstood my classification of people - the nature is my gym types arent people who do cardio outside, they are people who smuggly belittle others for going to the gym while doing nothing themselves.

They are a branch of the University of life or school of hard knocks types

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement