Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XVI- 21,983 in ROI (1,339 deaths) 3,881 in NI (404 deaths)(05/05)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Italy reports 1,389 new cases of coronavirus and 174 new deaths.

Total of 210,717 cases and 28,884 deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Ok thank you I've requested a call back it's not that I dont want to work it's that I'm getting this payment and working for it and I've to pay it back in the end.

Think you might be refering to wage subsidy scheme which is different to pandemic payment. I don't think it will have to be paid back. Citizens Advice are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Italy reports 1,389 new cases of coronavirus and 174 new deaths.

Total of 210,717 cases and 28,884 deaths.

You do know what the purpose of the TWSS is I take it?

Perhaps you could take the time to explain it to the poster rather than sniping.

You were advising someone to anonymously report his company , but it appears you don't know what they should be reporting them for.

I made a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Ok thank you I've requested a call back it's not that I dont want to work it's that I'm getting this payment and working for it and I've to pay it back in the end.

You are not getting the Covid 19 payment. Your employer is getting TWSS which they then top-up for you.
    Your employer is obliged to give a breakdown of TWSS and what they are paying you on your payslip.
    You will have to settle with Revenue for TWSS protion of your wage .
    Be careful accepting advice off someone who has demonstrated ignorance of the scheme you are on .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gsxrcbrr1r6

Gynoid wrote: »
    I made a mistake.

Thanks guy appreciate it!

Perhaps you could take the time to explain it to the poster rather than sniping.

Sniping? You are giving misleading advice. Do you think you should not be called on it?

You are not getting the Covid 19 payment. Your employer is getting TWSS which they then top-up for you.
    Your employer is obliged to give a breakdown of TWSS and what they are paying you on your payslip.
    You will have to settle with Revenue for TWSS protion of your wage .
    Be careful accepting advice off someone who has demonstrated ignorance of the scheme you are on .

Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

If you're working, then surely you won't have to pay anything back. That just sounds wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gsxrcbrr1r6

Polar101 wrote: »
    If you're working, then surely you won't have to pay anything back. That just sounds wrong.

No I will definitely have to pay it back my manager only said it out straight last week it will be took from out tax every week he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Seems like with the numbers the last few days we are well on track for the easing of restrictions. Starting to look like this virus will fizzle out over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Seems like with the numbers the last few days we are well on track for the easing of restrictions. Starting to look like this virus will fizzle out over the next few weeks.

Only if we continue to take action to get to that point.

Sniping? You are giving misleading advice. Do you think you should not be called on it?

I corrected myself in the time you were shaping up to sneer. Just took a while for my correction to post as the site is slow. Simple mistake. I thought he was refering to the pandemic payment. Alright.

Polar101 wrote: »

TWSS is an untaxed payment but the tax liability has to be dealt with by the recipient at a future date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I have to commend the government for not doing what other countries (IE Germany) have done and opened up ASAP. This extra two weeks could save many many lives.

I corrected myself in the time you were shaping up to sneer. Just took a while for my correction to post as the site is slow. Simple mistake. I thought he was refering to the pandemic payment. Alright.

You seem to equate factual information correcting you as a sneer, that's your problem not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Hopefully, for some reason all the media and Simon Harris are on about the icu beds being below 100 again today. This is curious esp. from the minister, sa the icu beds are actually 120. The 98 is just the confirmed covid 19, there are an additional 22 suspected covid 19 patients in icu.

Like wtf confirmed or suspected they are still occupying the bed.

It's poor form from the media, but from the minister, pretty f**king outrageous, when people are beginning to slide on adherence to the lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Starting to look like this virus will fizzle out over the next few weeks.

Wrong on so many levels the virus will be with us for a very long time, easing of restrictions in other countries have seen a spike I expect a spike here once restrictions are eased but I sincerely hope not.

Shin

• Advertisement

I have to commend the government for not doing what other countries (IE Germany) have done and opened up ASAP. This extra two weeks could save many many lives.

Staying locked down for another two weeks, two months, two years won't stop the deaths where they are occurring ie Nursing homes.

It's poor form from the media, but from the minister, pretty f**king outrageous, when people are beginning to slide on adherence to the lockdown.

From Simon ? He who thought the Covid 19 was next one after the pervious 18 Covid's.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

shinzon wrote: »
    Wrong on so many levels the virus will be with us for a very long time, easing of restrictions in other countries have seen a spike I expect a spike here once restrictions are eased but I sincerely hope not.

Shin

The jury is still out on the spike seen in other countries. Most countries are only a week or two into the relaxation of restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Staying locked down for another two weeks, two months, two years won't stop the deaths where they are occurring ie Nursing homes.
    Cases don't just appear in nursing homes. They come from the outside. If the virus is eliminated outside nursing homes, it can't get in. It's quite a simple concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

branie2 wrote: »
    RIP, the 19 people who died

80 other people died yesterday in Ireland. RIP to them.

Cases don't just appear in nursing homes. They come from the outside. If the virus is eliminated outside nursing homes, it can't get in. It's quite a simple concept.

Where do you think the virus is going? It won't be eliminated any more than the influenza virus has been eliminated. A vaccine/treatment is all we can hope for and an effective one is months if not years away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Why are we still sending samples to germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Looney1 wrote: »

Where does it say we are, sorry just saw the tweet from aircorps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

spookwoman wrote: »
    Where does it say we are
    Irish air corps are flying samples over as part of our great expansion to 100000 tests a week.
    Irish government extended the contract with the German lab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Looney1 wrote:
    To maximise our capacity and prevent a backlog happening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

.... If they had the capacity surely they would have no tests to send to germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know are people contact traced when they're deemed eligible for a test? Or only when they get a positive result? Because if it's taking days or even weeks, is that not a major hurdle that needs to be cleared before restrictions are eased?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

From some of the stuff I'm seeing on social media from around Dublin today we are going to see a huge spike again in a week or two.

Very disheartening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

spookwoman wrote:
    .... If they had the capacity surely they would have no tests to send to germany.
    If demand outweighs the supply why wouldn't we use the service of the German lab when that link is already established.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just curious, but does anyone know the cost of the PCR test? As in, the reagents I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

spookwoman wrote: »

The german lab is part of the total capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

330 new csaes
    19 new Deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Had to drive to cork today from limerick for an emergency. There is absolutely nobody on the road, its eery. I stopped on the motorway to close the boot properly. 3 minutes and not one car passed. Fair play to people, nobody is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

sterz wrote: »
    And nothing to add about the 1,900 number? That's the 3rd lowest number of new cases reported since March 11th.

@Kermit.de.frog, 174 deaths and 1,389 new cases reported today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,827 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Personally I think it's quite clear the government have no clue what going on or what's going to happen and they have just given out dates to appease people, I reckon there plan is as it always has been wait till other countries do something and see how it pans out before we do it here,
    I reckon by mid to late July pubs will be open and thins will be relatively back to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Personally I think it's quite clear the government have no clue what going on or what's going to happen and they have just given out dates to appease people, I reckon there plan is as it always has been wait till other. Ountries do something and see how it pans out before we do it here,
    I reckon by mid to late July pubs will be open and thins will be relatively back to normal

July? Highly. Unlikely on current trends with the virus. Even when opened they will be vey different to what we were used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You've never made a mistake ?

Some mistakes are unforgivable and amount to incompetence to do your job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Personally I think it's quite clear the government have no clue what going on or what's going to happen and they have just given out dates to appease people, I reckon there plan is as it always has been wait till other countries do something and see how it pans out before we do it here,
    They may or may not but it has been mapped out in very great detail and has all the looks of a lot of planning. I'd love to see your actual plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

From some of the stuff I'm seeing on social media from around Dublin today we are going to see a huge spike again in a week or two.

Very disheartening

You can't use select incidences from social media to paint the entire country with the same brush. And I guarantee that any spike (if there is any) would be confined to Dublin, it being the epicentre and all.

From where I am, its usually very busy on bank holiday weekends, but there is hardly a sinner on the roads. Was on the motorway earlier, and didn't encounter one car coming in either direction either- never thought I would see the day when it was apocalyptically quiet. I will say that things seemed to be busier on Friday alright, but I put that down to the weather being unsettled and people stocking up on food for the long weekend.

So basically what I am saying that one picture taken in Dublin doesn't translate to mass crowds countrywide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

The jury is still out on the spike seen in other countries. Most countries are only a week or two into the relaxation of restrictions.

All well and good but you said that the virus will “ fizzle out” in the coming weeks !!! What ya smoking mate ? Cause the virus is still the same as it was on day 1. It’s going nowhere until the expects get a handle of it and a vaccine etc. It seems to be around 300 new cases every single day. Add all that up over 2 weeks even and it makes your statement utterly foolish looking

is_that_so wrote: »
    They may or may not but it has been mapped out in very great detail and has all the looks of a lot of planning. I'd love to see your actual plan!

You must have missed that part where they said it was All open to changes

They print out a PDF for Leo to have in his pocket on the late latle and some people think the government are on top of things it's laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Very disheartening

Acting the maggot? Same here down south, social distancing very low on some people's agendas. In as much as they are selfish in their thoughts and refusal to contribute to the general cause, my sympathies for them will be equally proportional if or when their time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You must have missed that part where they said it was All open to changes
    No, it was actually the part where you published your plan.

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, it was actually the part where you published your plan.

It's not my job to have a plan, Sure Leo said they changed the date of Barbers opening because Tony Holohan doesn't have hair and he does so he said they needed it open sooner

You can qoute me on this they will change there plans as other more proactive nations annocue how effect there changes are,
    Nothing wrong with that butthey should just admit there waiting to see whaat happens else where before doing anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

niallo27 wrote: »
    Had to drive to cork today from limerick for an emergency. There is absolutely nobody on the road, its eery. I stopped on the motorway to close the boot properly. 3 minutes and not one car passed. Fair play to people, nobody is out.

Not in Dublin I'm afraid. Some terrible scenes of people gathering ruining it for everyone.

I live in Dublin and I can see an argument for different restrictions for Dublin compared to the rest of the country now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not in Dublin I'm afraid. Some terrible scenes of people gathering ruining it for everyone.

I live in Dublin and I can see an argument for different restrictions for Dublin compared to the rest of the country now.
    Where are you in Dublin ? I am in Dublin and people are being very sensible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement