Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVI- 21,983 in ROI (1,339 deaths) 3,881 in NI (404 deaths)(05/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

ELM327 wrote: »
    Those people are all moronic. And inconsiderate

100%. It can't be entirely the fault of the airline if grown adults (who SURELY know the risks involved) are availing of their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I think it was confirmed somewhere that that aer lingus picture is from months ago

that would be good, though Aer Lingus were quoted this morning as doing a review following that picture coming out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Those people are all moronic. And inconsiderate
    No doubts we will have a few Covidiot apologizers chiming in and defending it. Like the ones who defended the 20,000 people coming back from Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gabeeg wrote: »
    You constantly refer to panic - what exactly are you talking about?

You realise that if the world operated the way you just outlined, hardly anyone would know about covid and the death toll would be enormous.
    This is a brand new disease. Facts are hard to come by. Information like this is vital to get out there.

You may not like that, but that may be because you perceive panic to be occurring everywhere when it's not

What facts are in this article, it might cause it but it might not, is there more causes than usual, we dont know.

“The interesting part is only now are we seeing these patients show up,” Dr. Schneider said, adding that the question is “Is this a typical surge in Kawasaki disease or is this the typical post-infectious response to a COVID infection?” Doctors say it’s also possible that these cases are unrelated to COVID-19, but it’s hard to know, since health officials do not require such symptoms in children to be tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I really don't understand this.
    Just cannot believe this is happening.
    I don't know who is more moronic, the Airline or the passengers.
    This was an Aer Lingus flight from Belfast to London on Monday.

112112143-whatsubject.jpg

If you're on an airtight aeroplane with recirculating air it makes no difference as to how full or empty the plane is.
    I think it was confirmed somewhere that that aer lingus picture is from months ago

Aer Lingus confirmed it's recent.

I know Belfast is served by feic all airlines these days, but I still wonder the reasons for all those people flying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Is that you taking the picture or where did you find it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What are you supposed to do if you bought a ticket and need to get where you are going?

It the airlines responsibly to reduce the numbers of tickets they sell and spread people out.

Typical lockdowners attacking and insulting individuals.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

owlbethere wrote: »

It started out on twitter

That didn't take long. Please read the article.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-52539141

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

It's from a Tweet embedded on RTE News:-

https://twitter.com/KellyBonner/status/1257323982400831491?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Should this have been adapted by now given analysis of patients to date?
    Not possible from day one given sample sets of cases but as time passes it seems the PC brigade don't want to address this.

Is it acceptable to force over 65s to comply with this while obese people who end up requiring critical care when faced with conditions like this are left to do as they please?

Should there be an onus on obese people to improve their health as a result of this type of pressure they put on health services?

Also I'd be confident that the rates of obesity in the general population of NZ/Aus/Swe/South Korea are far below US/Italy/UK.

What are you supposed to do if you bought a ticket and need to get where you are going?

It the airlines responsibly to reduce the numbers of tickets they sell and spread people out.

Typical lockdowners attacking and insulting individuals.

Covidioticy is more widespread than I even thought.

Covidioticy is more widespread than I even thought.

Explain at least how you know these journeys were not essential and that the passengers did not have valid reasons for travel.

And also how if they were valid and essential, how you expected them to sort out their seating arrangements when that is up to the Airline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

GM228 wrote: »

That's unreal given the circumstances.

On a personal level for your own personal health and safety
    1) avoiding/minising crowds is crucial
    2) avoiding/minising travel

If it was me with a ticket, personally I wouldn't travel.

The airline also has a responsibility here considering governments have implemented social distancing guidelines to slow down the spread of this.

I will be interested in learning what the outcome of this packed flight will be in a few more weeks. Whether people get ill or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

And also how if they were valid and essential, how you expected them to sort out their seating arrangements when that is up to the Airline?

Seating arrangements make no difference on an aeroplane.
    packed flight will be in a few more weeks. Whether people get ill or not.

Makes little or no difference as to how packed or empty the flight it when it comes to the spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

I mean, it's pretty much universally acknowledged that China delayed information, suppressed people trying to circulate knowledge and delayed notifying the WHO while trying to cover up

For those reasons alone, I think sanctions against china are necessary

The french case kinda throws a spanner in now

A bit of who smelt it dealt it situation

What if the French told the world about the virus in December with it's first case and China kept quiet till after?

Would we all have looked at France then.

Hard to know who to believe now

As crazy as it sounds it might not have even started in China/Wuhan

They could of been just the first place to detect it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hurrache wrote: »

Makes little or no difference as to how packed or empty the flight it when it comes to the spread.

Two friends of mine are medics. Both said they won't fly again until there is a vaccine.

Two friends of mine are medics. Both said they won't fly again until there is a vaccine.

Good for them. I will be flying plenty. And looks like, from Macron's stance, that intra-EU (and UK) travel will be able to go ahead without quarantine

Explain at least how you know these journeys were not essential and that the passengers did not have valid reasons for travel.
    Viruses don't care about your points.
    You don't grasp how viruses work. Do you? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Good for them. I will be flying plenty. And looks like, from Macron's stance, that intra-EU (and UK) travel will be able to go ahead without quarantine

You'll probably need a good reason to travel.

Macron today.
    French President Emmanuel Macron said it was unlikely that French people would be able to undertake major foreign trips this summer and that even trips within Europe may have to be limited in order to reduce the risk of a resurgence of the coronavirus epidemic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

niallo27 wrote: »
    We haven't a clue whats causing it but lets panic everyone by saying its the corona virus causing it, it will get us a few clicks.

The most important quote in the article gets buried, “some children have tested negative for Covid”

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Macron proving that he is a fool too. How have so many European countries elected gob****es to run their countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Each to their own and if there isn't a vaccine??

I'll be back on a plane as soon as flights get going again and borders reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭XsApollo

That's unreal given the circumstances.

On a personal level for your own personal health and safety
    1) avoiding/minising crowds is crucial
    2) avoiding/minising travel

If it was me with a ticket, personally I wouldn't travel.

The airline also has a responsibility here considering governments have implemented social distancing guidelines to slow down the spread of this.

I will be interested in learning what the outcome of this packed flight will be in a few more weeks. Whether people get ill or not.

One passenger commented that they weren’t given advice on how to keep safe?
    What age were they? 2?
    I presume they were an adult of some sort.
    I think everybody in Europe pretty much knows what’s happening, if a grown adult needs advice at this time on how to keep safe well..,..I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

eagle eye wrote: »
    So Macron proving that he is a fool too. How have so many European countries elected gob****es to run their countries?

We were close enough to it here awsell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Should this have been adapted by now given analysis of patients to date?
    Quite possibly. Depends on the degree to which obesity is a problem in and of itself, and not the confounding factors of diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnoea, etc.
    Not possible from day one given sample sets of cases but as time passes it seems the PC brigade don't want to address this.
    Yes, the world is against you. Only you have the truth. There definitely aren't highly skilled medical people looking into this.
    Is it acceptable to force over 65s to comply with this while obese people who end up requiring critical care when faced with conditions like this are left to do as they please?
    The elderly and all other risk groups are currently advised to cocoon. Your issue is literally with a fiction in your head.
    Should there be an onus on obese people to improve their health as a result of this type of pressure they put on health services?
    They pay more for health insurance. Obesity is not a simple issue - most developed nations have seen a rise in it, and there isn't a consensus on why. We could equally demand that motorcyclists, smokers and drinkers of alcohol mend their ways, and at least those behaviours are generally easier to deal with.
    Also I'd be confident that the rates of obesity in the general population of NZ/Aus/Swe/South Korea are far below US/Italy/UK.
    27th/43rd/103rd/143rd in the world, vs 16th/92nd/39th, so your random guesses were right about 50% of the time. You could look this up, but I guess it's easier to just throw **** at the wall and see what sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

paw patrol wrote: »
    at some stage people will mix together - the 2nd spike will happen no matter what we do

hopefully sooner rather than later says me

Says you. You obviously don't work in a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

celt262 wrote:
    We were close enough to it here awsell.

Varadkar = incapable
    Martin = stinking of the banking crisis and incapable

We have elected fools and continue to do so.

Oh, just as I was about to post I realised you are a lover of either FF or FG.
    I don't think much of Mary Lou either but she hasn't had the chance to show she's as bad or worse than the other hopeless cases mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

lbj666 wrote: »
    Vintners association are just making a token effort on behalf of their members. They could come up totally bomb proof plan and it still wouldnt fly, the point is society needs to opened up gradually, the pub is further down the peaking order from everything 3-6 weeks before it. Sorry but it is, most of us are still been told to stay out of the office til the same date ffs.

Vintners are complaining about being treated "second class citizens". Hilarious.
    Although many people's lives seem to revolve around the pub, many of us rarely set foot in them and wouldn't care if they all vanished.
    Pubs are unnecessary to all but publicans and their staff. They should be last in line to get back to normal.
    Also, how much did pubs and nightclubs contribute to packed A&E departments on weekend nights? Really not a good idea.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »

I am agreeing with you Hurrache. I was referring to other posters complaining about it. Though the airlines are still discussing "leaving the middle seat free" options, not sure if that reflects a view that they just want to appease people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement