Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVI- 21,983 in ROI (1,339 deaths) 3,881 in NI (404 deaths)(05/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

Varadkar did a steady job of it overall

They let the virus rip through nursing homes while locking.down fit working.people

No getting away from that

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Vintners care about one thing, money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Explain at least how you know these journeys were not essential and that the passengers did not have valid reasons for travel.

Viruses don't care about your points.
    You don't grasp how viruses work. Do you? :(

You don't grasp that certain essential journeys have to occur. Your answer was idiotic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

eagle eye wrote: »

And I care about pints. I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Vintners are complaining about being treated "second class citizens". Hilarious.
    Although many people's lives seem to revolve around the pub, many of us rarely set foot in them and wouldn't care if they all vanished.
    Pubs are unnecessary to all but publicans and their staff. They should be last in line to get back to normal.
    Also, how much did pubs and nightclubs contribute to packed A&E departments on weekend nights? Really not a good idea.

And don't forget the politicians. They have a lot of family associations with pubs.
    I remember being charged €9.50 for a pint of Rockshore in a city centre pub a few years ago and asked myself what the complete **** is going on here?
    They are not needed by the Irish people. Let them go to the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Doesnt every buisness think about making money, if they dont there is no buisness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

Varadkar = incapable
    Martin = stinking of the banking crisis and incapable

We have elected fools and continue to do so.

Oh, just as I was about to post I realised you are a lover of either FF or FG.
    I don't think much of Mary Lou either but she hasn't had the chance to show she's as bad or worse than the other hopeless cases mentioned above

Varadkar isn't incapable, Martin is a klob and im not a lover of FF or FG why would you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Two friends of mine are medics. Both said they won't fly again until there is a vaccine.

Two friends of mine are nurses, one is planning on flying home June the other September to visit family.
    Neither are waiting for a vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

Vintners won't give a fuKk about distancing once they get opened

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

And don't forget the politicians. They have a lot of family associations with pubs.
    I remember being charged €9.50 for a pint of Rockshore in a city centre pub a few years ago and asked myself what the complete **** is going on here?
    They are not needed by the Irish people. Let them go to the wall.

9.50 really? Temple bar is bad but it's not 9.50 bad for a pint. Wouldn't step foot in temple bar myself, it's a tourist trap.

So based off that experience you say let them go to the wall ?? My local is €5.30 for a pint and I'd hate to see them go to the wall as all the lads working in it are local with families to support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Isn't that the same motivator for any business?

So Macron proving that he is a fool too. How have so many European countries elected gob****es to run their countries?

Why is he a gob****e? EU countries are all on pretty much the same trajectory with respect to the slowdown of the spread, and relaxations, although nuanced between countries, are not going to be a million miles away from one another. The cost:benefit to shutting down intra-EU travel IMO makes no sense. We should just make sure that arrivals from the Americas or Africa or the Middle East quarantine at their point of entry in the EU, or else prove they have been in Europe for more than two weeks before entering Ireland

9.50 really? Temple bar is bad but it's not 9.50 bad for a pint. Wouldn't step foot in temple bar myself, it's a tourist trap.

So based off that experience you say let them go to the wall ?? My local is €5.30 for a pint and I'd hate to see them go to the wall as all the lads working in it are local with families to support.
    Yeah, €9.50. I think it was Café En Seine or one of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If people actually had covid before Christmas the carnage in care homes would have begun far sooner than it did.

None of you had it before Christmas. Deal with it. Move on.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0505/1136477-covid19-coronavirus-europe/L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

No where in Ireland charges 9.50 for a pint of anything. You know his claim is bull because rockshore was only released last year.

US2 wrote: »
    No where in Ireland charges 9.50 for a pint of anything. You know his claim is bull because rockshore was only released last year.
    You know my claim is bull because Rockshore was released last year?.:rolleyes:
    It has been around for 3+ years.

Thought that myself, you do have to laugh at the exaggerating that goes on with some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

XsApollo wrote: »
    One passenger commented that they weren’t given advice on how to keep safe?
    What age were they? 2?
    I presume they were an adult of some sort.
    I think everybody in Europe pretty much knows what’s happening, if a grown adult needs advice at this time on how to keep safe well..,..I have no idea.

Yeah I mean if you are choosing to fly right now then how can you be needing advice on how to stay safe? Have they not watched the news? Just showing up at an airport to fly in the middle of a pandemic and pawn off responsibility on other people to tell you how to keep safe seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Fact check on this? It would be interesting if true

https://twitter.com/GuruAnaerobic/status/1257646028326604801

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

ZX7R wrote: »
    Two friends of mine are nurses, one is planning on flying home June the other September to visit family.
    Neither are waiting for a vaccine.

There you go. Doctors differ and...

• Advertisement

It hasn't, it was launched in February 2018.

So Macron proving that he is a fool too. How have so many European countries elected gob****es to run their countries?

Having a different view or making a different decision informed by different advice or personal opinion does not automatically make someone a fool, even if they are wrong. Its the process by which those decisions we arrived at and the critical thinking that was applied when forming the opinion or evaluating the options to make a decision that inform you as to the persons abilities

Tell us the name of the pub that charged you 9.50 for a pint please ?

Unviield in 2018 didnt get to most places till last year. I'm a sales rep for Diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There you go. Doctors differ and...

They go into hospitals every day with the constant threat of it, work with it all day but they wont get on a flight for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why is he a gob****e? EU countries are all on pretty much the same trajectory with respect to the slowdown of the spread, and relaxations, although nuanced between countries, are not going to be a million miles away from one another. The cost:benefit to shutting down intra-EU travel IMO makes no sense. We should just make sure that arrivals from the Americas or Africa or the Middle East quarantine at their point of entry in the EU, or else prove they have been in Europe for more than two weeks before entering Ireland
    It's times like these, pandemics, economic depressions, wars etc when you see who great leaders are.
    Milos Zeman and Sebastian Kurz have stepped forward as two great, strong leaders.
    Macron led France into a horrendous situation, as did Boris Johnson in the UK, Sanchez in Spain, Conte in Italy, Rutte in the Netherlands, Wilmes in Belgium and Varadkar in Ireland.
    All of those didn't move quickly enough on this pandemic and didn't put proper measures in place to best fight it as best we could.

I've a feeling we wont find out which pub charged it because there isnt any.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

silverharp wrote: »
    Fact check on this? It would be interesting if true

https://twitter.com/GuruAnaerobic/status/1257646028326604801

Even if people are doing a lot more exercise and are less stressed it seems hard to believe those benefits would have such a pronounced impact on the number of strokes and heart attacks occurring in just two months. Like wouldnt it take a while longer than that to improve your health

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

To all those doubters that c-19 was here earlier!!! On the news today: French patient dying in hospital from c-19 on December 27th. What 7-10 days after infection. .. December 17th??
    Deceased was a fishmonger who's last travel was to Algeria in August 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I've a feeling we wont find out which pub charged it because there isnt any.

Well do keep trying because we have to get to the bottom of it

On behalf of everyone here, thanks for all your hard work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lalababa wrote: »
    To all those doubters that c-19 was here earlier!!! On the news today: French patient dying in hospital from c-19 on December 27th. What 7-10 days after infection. .. December 17th??
    Deceased was a fishmonger who's last travel was to Algeria in August 19.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0505/1136477-covid19-coronavirus-europe/

Yes . Also reports came in from hospitals in Northern Italy that they reported a huge increase in pneumonia cases in December .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement