Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir vs Vodafone Fibre Broadband?

• 20-04-2020 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been using 3's 4G all-you-can-eat data at home for couple of years now which has been fine, even with 4K devices etc. but since the lockdown started, it has gone to sh*t, as evidenced from other threads I've stumbled upon on here.

I've gone looking into fibre BB, which I see there are plenty of offers on and thankfully they are still installing.

I know it's a general-ish question, and I've just poured over many threads, but any big considerations or recommendations either way?

Happy to take anything into account, though a few things on my mind:

• Customer service is important, because, as sometimes things don't work, how they handle it matters.
    • I've noticed Eir has a bad reputation for billing errors. (family member had this too)
    • Vodafone has customers with throttling complaints on here.(family member also)
    • Any issues with contracts? My expectations is to serve the full 12 months, if not pay the rest of the contract. Any surprise termination fees? I think I sort of got a hint from a thread on here Eir let's you leave with 30 days? Not a big deal, just wondering.
    • Usage caps? Eir has none, Vodafone does?
    • Changing service during the contract, Vodafone says it resets the contract, not sure about Eir.

Any thoughts or ideas, thanks! :)

Advertisement