Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany sends China £130billion bill for 'coronavirus damages'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Germany discovers its sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Rightly so. They made the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ok that's the take of The Daily Express, what does The Dandy think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The biggest issues really are that nobody had the balls to shut borders and the even worse part is that many still actually believe the news coming from China especially the Irish media and government.....

They actually covered it up for so long and people that spoke out died or disappeared.....

China is making a killing from it all now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Has anyone actually read the linked article?

The ‘invoice’ was compiled and sent by a German newspaper.

This story has nothing to do with the German government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Glad to hear it. Meanwhile the approach of 'our' unelected teeshock is completely unsurprising - Irelands 'leaders' for the most part hate their own country. Consider this is the same person who licks up to Islamicists at every given opportunity in spite of being a member of a persecuted minority. Is it a form of masochism that he suffers from or is he just plain stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

"A bombshell op-ed this week in Germany's largest tabloid newspaper, Bild, joined this outrage by drawing up an itemised invoice for €149bn (£130b)."

"Germany" hasn't sent anything and the Express tends to be an absolutely useless source of information, as this demonstrates.

Also it hasn't sparked fury in Beijing. It was ignored as it was printed by a tabloid.

The Express is always having things 'spark fury' and so on.

So a German newspaper sends a bill to China

Germany has sparked outrage in China after a major newspaper put together a £130bn invoice that Beijing "owes" Berlin

Also it's a rather dumb thing for even a tabloid in Germany to do, given that a lot of countries could potentially send Germany enormous bill for WWII.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Germany sends China £130billion bill for 'coronavirus damages' – sparks fury in Beijing
    GERMANY has rattled China after joining the UK, France and the US in a rare attack, after Berlin called out Beijing's responsibility for the global pandemic and even issued a £130bn invoice.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1271028/Angela-Merkel-Germany-China-coronavirus-blame-Wuhan-Xi-Jinping-Trump-latest

3xb9wl.jpg

I bet this fake news does the round on Facebook from all the Leo haters.

I'm not partial to him but the tripe I'm seeing shared these days is laughable

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually read the linked article?

The ‘invoice’ was compiled and sent by a German newspaper.

This story has nothing to do with the German government.

Yep some people just look at the clickbait and jump in, nothing new there from some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Christ, I thought people believing sh1te in the daily mail was bad, but to find some people believe the daily express is a threat to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pekarirska

Ireland sends Spain €130billion trillion zillion bill for 'Spanish flu damages' – sparks fury in Madrid
    Ireland has rattled Spain after joining Trump, Ivanka and Jared in a rare attack, after Dublin called out Madrid's responsibility for the global pandemic and even issued a €130bn trillion zillion invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Germany sends China £130billion bill for 'coronavirus damages' – sparks fury in Beijing

Germany did nothing of the sort. A newspaper calculated the losses and proposed sending it.

Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

GERMANY has rattled China after joining the UK, France and the US in a rare attack, after Berlin called out Beijing's responsibility for the global pandemic and even issued a £130bn invoice.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1271028/Angela-Merkel-Germany-China-coronavirus-blame-Wuhan-Xi-Jinping-Trump-latest

3xb9wl.jpg

Living up to your username with this one. Better off hitting the hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

Pekarirska wrote: »
    Ireland sends Spain €130billion trillion zillion bill for 'Spanish flu damages' – sparks fury in Madrid
    Ireland has rattled Spain after joining Trump, Ivanka and Jared in a rare attack, after Dublin called out Madrid's responsibility for the global pandemic and even issued a €130bn trillion zillion invoice.

Not even ireland, it would be like the star sending a bill to whomever. Total clickbait muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Pekarirska wrote: »

Spanish flu arrived in Spain from the same place all other diseases arrived.

How anyone working for the Express can be called a journalist is beyond me.

An odd, very nationalistic comic-book would be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm sorry but Leo is a PR loving whore. Thanking China was one of his crowning moments, Covney isn't too far behind him upping our WHO contribution when Trump decided to suspend it. China lied, the WHO backed them up. We awarded both of them, unfeckin believable carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Thought you might appreciate this
    510260.jpg

Harsh but quite hilarious and troubling. And a bit satirical but also representative of the situation.

• Advertisement

Das Reich wrote: »
    Spanish flu arrived in Spain from the same place all other diseases arrived.

America ? Because that's where Spanish flu arrived from going by some of the research

The Express and similar outlets do this all the time though. Take a couple of actual facts uttered by someone somewhere, then completely misrepresent them to be from someone else, particularly the EU.

They put the gutter in gutter press.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The amount of fake news being peddled is funny, especially by those that don't like Leo.

Maybe I can send China an invoice for $1 Trillion and we can have a big headline, 'Ireland sends $1 Trillion bill to China'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

s1ippy wrote: »
    Thought you might appreciate this
    510260.jpg

Harsh but quite hilarious and troubling. And a bit satirical but also representative of the situation.

He looks great there against the flames backdrop. Should make that his profile pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Germany did nothing of the sort. A newspaper calculated the losses and proposed sending it.

Thats all.

IT'll be all over Facebook and WhatsApp later as 'FACT'.

What I don't understand is why, in an era when journalism is being totally destroyed by this stuff, the likes of the NUJ doesn't step in on quality of journalism.

These kinds of articles are simply not journalism by any definition of the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Fake and news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement