Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit - covid processing time

• 20-04-2020 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Anyone can tell me how long time does it take to get the illness payment? 14 days covid sick?

Got sick on 25.th march.... applied 26th... gp send all docs.... wife got sick 2 days later applied 30.3.

We both got 0...app pending...and all we got is that unemployment benefit is now being prioritised....

I have never been off work for last 15 years i came here to find better life.which for most part i did... but some circumstances are getting into me deep... kost people around me -neighbours getting 350 a week and still working...taking advantage....while genuine family gets what?

Nothing... so long story my family budged is tight....2 kids...2 weeks no income...

Anyonr can tell me how long time did they wait?

I applied online...wife send letter.... all is confirmed so its not been lost...its just pending

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Anyone can tell me how long time does it take to get the illness payment? 14 days covid sick?

Got sick on 25.th march.... applied 26th... gp send all docs.... wife got sick 2 days later applied 30.3.

We both got 0...app pending...and all we got is that unemployment benefit is now being prioritised....

I have never been off work for last 15 years i came here to find better life.which for most part i did... but some circumstances are getting into me deep... kost people around me -neighbours getting 350 a week and still working...taking advantage....while genuine family gets what?

Nothing... so long story my family budged is tight....2 kids...2 weeks no income...

Anyonr can tell me how long time did they wait?

I applied online...wife send letter.... all is confirmed so its not been lost...its just pending

If you have no income into the house at all then you should contact your local SW office immediately to make an appointment to see the CWO to get an emergency payment until your claim is sorted out. Be prepared to have bank statements ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you have no income into the house at all then you should contact your local SW office immediately to make an appointment to see the CWO to get an emergency payment until your claim is sorted out. Be prepared to have bank statements ready.

I had no income for 2 weeks...i am back in work.... gettjng paid by end of the month... i am jot out of money....i just wanna know jow long time does it take to one being sick...

I had no income for 2 weeks...i am back in work.... gettjng paid by end of the month... i am jot out of money....i just wanna know jow long time does it take to one being sick...

Illness benefit section are having terrible difficulties over a long period of time. You will get it but right now if you have no money and no food then working or not you can go to the CWO if your not getting paid till the end of the month.

Illness benefit section are having terrible difficulties over a long period of time. You will get it but right now if you have no money and no food then working or not you can go to the CWO if your not getting paid till the end of the month.

Thank you....i will manage...just wanted some kind of time schedule...as this could put me down next month...if not coming

Just update....

Still nothing...i mean no money or any kind of explanation. Dont know how.long this would take...but i can only imagine its sooo bad already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

Received my covid illness benefit today.

Phoned my GP on the 28th April to get them to submit cert online and posted my completed booklet on the 30th April.

Did you submit a booklet OP?

De Danann wrote: »
    Received my covid illness benefit today.

Phoned my GP on the 28th April to get them to submit cert online and posted my completed booklet on the 30th April.

I have still nothing.... my gp has no online cert option....all by post...sended twice already.... still nothing for me or wife....

I have the claim approved but they are missing cert.... my gp is going nuts...
    What a joke.

I have still nothing.... my gp has no online cert option....all by post...sended twice already.... still nothing for me or wife....

I have the claim approved but they are missing cert.... my gp is going nuts...
    What a joke.

Did you get a form to fill out yourself?

De Danann wrote: »
    Did you get a form to fill out yourself?

Yes sent on 28.3. Paper form...i can see the approved status on myvid app... but my gp sent sick certs..which are missing...apparently

Yes sent on 28.3. Paper form...i can see the approved status on myvid app... but my gp sent sick certs..which are missing...apparently

That's very odd. I'd ring the illness benefit office again and see what's going on.
    That's a very long time to be waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They're a nightmare. I was out sick from 14th to 28th of March. They gave me the wrong rate of pay (203 rather than the 350) I rang twice, 30 minutes minimum call.

They fixed it.

I got a payment of 811, the following week I get 575.i call again tell them they're over paying me. They tell me they will close it and send me a letter about the over payment.

The following week I get another letter telling me I'm entitled to 203 euro :):confused:
    I check my bank, they have paid an extra 280euro and 480euro, so I email the last person I was dealing with. She calls me the next day and apologised and said she will close it and send a letter for what I owe them. Still haven't received it, but they have stopped paying me

michellie wrote: »
    They're a nightmare. I was out sick from 14th to 28th of March. They gave me the wrong rate of pay (203 rather than the 350) I rang twice, 30 minutes minimum call.

They fixed it.

I got a payment of 811, the following week I get 575.i call again tell them they're over paying me. They tell me they will close it and send me a letter about the over payment.

The following week I get another letter telling me I'm entitled to 203 euro :):confused:
    I check my bank, they have paid an extra 280euro and 480euro, so I email the last person I was dealing with. She calls me the next day and apologised and said she will close it and send a letter for what I owe them. Still haven't received it, but they have stopped paying me

Meanwhile i got 0 and my wife as well... like you said 30 min wiaitng on phone..to be told they are processing it...thanks

This August it will be 2 years since illness benefit section turned into a complete basket case after a whole new system was rolled out overnight suddenly and with no preparation .
    The whole service fell apart immediately and remains that way. Corona couldnt have come at a worse time. It’s just made things 100X worse.

I have no idea who is in charge there but at this stage it’s inexcusable.

This August it will be 2 years since illness benefit section turned into a complete basket case after a whole new system was rolled out overnight suddenly and with no preparation .
    The whole service fell apart immediately and remains that way. Corona couldnt have come at a worse time. It’s just made things 100X worse.

I have no idea who is in charge there but at this stage it’s inexcusable.

Its a disgrace...claim approved and nothing moving forward...my gp sent them sick certs twice for me and my wife separate... they have all the papers right...yet i got nada....

I am now just demanding whats mine.... as i said 15 years i personaly claimed nothing but 2 weeks paternity and wife maternity...nothing else...

Can they not see that? My contribution outscale my request by far... i pay almost 1200e a month in all taxes combined...

Not impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Meanwhile i got 0 and my wife as well... like you said 30 min wiaitng on phone..to be told they are processing it...thanks

It's awful, I hope you get sorted soon. Horrible situation for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

I find them very good at responding to emails. Illnessbenefit@welfare.ie Saves you the cost and hassle of getting through to them on the phone.

I find them very good at responding to emails. Illnessbenefit@welfare.ie Saves you the cost and hassle of getting through to them on the phone.

Still waiting.... i have all right... they promised swift payment this week... for both of us...

So hopefully...

I emailed twice never got respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

My IB finished at the end of March. I had applied for Invalidity Pension Months before that.
    Heard nothing so i got in contact with them. Apparently the application had been misplaced or not received.
    Now this had happened before with one of my certs but i had taking a photo of it so it was fixed after i emailed that to them.

I resent a new IP application and was advised to apply for SWA.
    Still have not received anything.

My last payment was €101.50 at the end of march . I have been borrowing from family and friends which is so degrading but what other choice do i have.

I am still technically employed too.

But i can no longer borrow anymore money. 7 weeks with no payment is tough and i will need to repay the money back too obviously.

A crap situation to be in. Even before this happened i had so many problems like many others after the whole IB payment shambles.

Not good for my condition either.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    My IB finished at the end of March. I had applied for Invalidity Pension Months before that.
    Heard nothing so i got in contact with them. Apparently the application had been misplaced or not received.
    Now this had happened before with one of my certs but i had taking a photo of it so it was fixed after i emailed that to them.

I resent a new IP application and was advised to apply for SWA.
    Still have not received anything.

My last payment was €101.50 at the end of march . I have been borrowing from family and friends which is so degrading but what other choice do i have.

I am still technically employed too.

But i can no longer borrow anymore money. 7 weeks with no payment is tough and i will need to repay the money back too obviously.

A crap situation to be in. Even before this happened i had so many problems like many others after the whole IB payment shambles.

Not good for my condition either.

I hope you get sorted soon...

Its pain i know....

Fingers crossed...as i mentioned i should be looked after this week.

Welfare got back to me after i contacted them on twitter. Again cannot find my application even though i posted it in their letterbox at my local Intreo centre.
    The stress of all this is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Posted illness benefit form on the 30th of April and no correspondence since. How long does it usually take?

Finical wrote: »
    Posted illness benefit form on the 30th of April and no correspondence since. How long does it usually take?

Covid or none covid?

Depends

I posted mine on 28.3. Still waiting....

Welfare found my form. She was really apologetic. I logged in online to my welfare and can see it is being processed.
    Normally for SWA it is processed while you wait in Intreo office but obviously that is different under the circumstances now.

They are open tomorrow so hopefully they will have it sorted so i won't have to go another week with no money and they will just leave a cheque which i can cash in Post Office.

Can only hope at this stage.

Covid or none covid?

Depends

I posted mine on 28.3. Still waiting....

Have you got a mygov.ie login ? You can check on that to see if it has been scanned in.

Advertisement