Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LM cuts out after a few seconds

Options
  • 20-04-2020 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

So I've checked the filter (fine) Oil and Petrol in it, Opened up the carb & petrol cup holder and checked the holes (all clean and fine).

The above seems to be the main things but still no joy. Anyone else has the same **** to deal with and found an alternative (apart from dumping it)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

For one thing, there are still places around that repair them (well, maybe not during the restrictions, but it's worth investigating). Spark plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

New Home wrote: »
    For one thing, there are still places around that repair them (well, maybe not during the restrictions, but it's worth investigating). Spark plug?

Cheers, but would a Spark plug be the issue if it wasn't starting? It is starting and ticking over so the ignition is fine to get it running, just cutting out.
    Maybe there's a mechanic that might drop around to the house, will see, cheers,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Apologies, I mis-read - I thought it wasn't starting at all. Could there have been dirt in the fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

sirmixalot wrote: »
    Cheers, but would a Spark plug be the issue if it wasn't starting? It is starting and ticking over so the ignition is fine to get it running, just cutting out.
    Maybe there's a mechanic that might drop around to the house, will see, cheers,

Phone one of the LM places and ask for advice.

Advertisement