Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left analog issues?

Options
  • 20-04-2020 10:39am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i bought rocket league for the young lad only to notice he cannot steer the things as the left analog seems broken [cant even rebind another input for left/right so its unplayable].
    Is this a regular issue?
    Console was only bought at Christmas gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

If it's the most common problem it's known as drifting and it's pretty damn common.

There are a few DIY options to fix it.

First off try recalibrating the particular joycon.

HOME > System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Calibrate Control Sticks. Then click in the offending stick.

Going here will also verify whether or not it is drifting as there will be movement onscreen even when the stick is stationary.

If that doesn't work in some cases I've found a little bit of WD40 under the hood and a few rotations and clicks will sometimes do the job, and unclog any buildup or sticking.
    Just gotta lift up the silicone protective cover under the stick, and spray a bit into the white plastic parts.

Failing that, replacing the actual joycon stick is fairly easily.
    You can either buy little kits for aroundabout a tenner on Amazon or eBay from the UK or for dirt cheap direct from China on sites like Aliexpress, but they'll take a few weeks to arrive.
    I'd say you could probably buy half a dozen for the price of 1 from the UK.

There are a load of tutorial vids on youtube about both of the above.

It's possible Nintendo may be willing to fix or replace em too but I've never went that route..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

Watch "my mate Vince" on youtube

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

It's less than 12 months old. I'd get a replacement ( I don't think any shop will bother getting it repaired.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Emailed support there, see what happens now.
    Calibrating still shows no left/right input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Let us know what happens.
    My left Joycon is terrible!
    Most of the time its grand, but then sometimes it'll randomly turn right. I'll play car racing games so its a pain when you're driving in a straight line and all of a sudden the car swerves right and into a wall!

I got mine ages ago, near enough launch I think. Not sure if its covered by Nintendo for repair/replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Both myself and my sons went the same way after two years. I got replacements out of laziness... FYI there is an official Zelda branded left joycon that is a lot cheaper than the normal price as it doesn't have an internal battery or a rumble feature (so it's 24.99 not 39.99).

Advertisement