Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Rate - huge increase - Energia

• 20-04-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been an energia customer for almost 2 years now.

I have noticed that my bill seems to have jumped exponentially :eek:, I assume that after my initial year there was some clause allowing them to just charge anything they deem fit.

Who is the best provider besides these guys? Electricity only, old meter so no time specific rates are any use. Any advice on best site fro information.

Also anyone else have a similar experience, i assume that whatever caused this was hidden in the contract i signed, guess it will be move every year from now on. Sad that we have a naturally dishonest energy service provider system here (applies to all companies).

Thanks in adavnce.

FNF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭cms88

Hi All,

I have been an energia customer for almost 2 years now.

I have noticed that my bill seems to have jumped exponentially :eek:, I assume that after my initial year there was some clause allowing them to just charge anything they deem fit.

Who is the best provider besides these guys? Electricity only, old meter so no time specific rates are any use. Any advice on best site fro information.

Also anyone else have a similar experience, i assume that whatever caused this was hidden in the contract i signed, guess it will be move every year from now on. Sad that we have a naturally dishonest energy service provider system here (applies to all companies).

Thanks in adavnce.

FNF

All suppliers rates go up after the first 12 months unless you check it yourself

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

^^^ Exactly.

You will get the best deal for 12 months and then they hope you forget so that they can screw you with far higher charges. Loyalty simply doesn’t work! Change supplier annually to ensure the best deal.

Advertisement