Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Flagstone Value

Options
  • 20-04-2020 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I have some sheds that are roofed with old flagstones 25 inches x 23 inches. What would the value be per flagstone if I was to sell them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭rje66

farmer2018 wrote: »
    I have some sheds that are roofed with old flagstones 25 inches x 23 inches. What would the value be per flagstone if I was to sell them?

Probably nothing. Country is flooded with natural stone paving all with cut edges and exact sizes. I had 45 m2 of york stone I lifted out of a job and I couldn't give it away. Also handling/moving this stuff is tricky too

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Similar to Liscannor stone is definitely worth something.

https://www.liscannorflagstone.ie/piers-wall-capping/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If they are still on the roof, then there will be a cost to getting them down, stacking them, etc.

Why not take them down yourself and try and sell them (on Adverts)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

https://www.liscannorflagstone.ie/piers-wall-capping/

Only true value of an item is what somebody is willing to pay for that item.
    Lash them up for sale and see if anyone bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Gumbo wrote: »
    Only true value of an item is what somebody is willing to pay for that item.
    Lash them up for sale and see if anyone bites.

The problem I am having is to put a value on them, what could I ask?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The problem I am having is to put a value on them, what could I ask?

Once you have them off the roof and stacked for inspection, maybe half the price you can get them in a shop or similar.

Advertisement