Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant start mower won't start

Options
  • 20-04-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I hope someone can help. I bought this lawnmower two years ago. It's great when it goes, but mostly does not start, even when the battery is fully charged. I put in a new plug and filter, that's about all that I know to do! Appreciate advice, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Dumb question but needs to be asked do you press the button on the carb a few times (as many as ten) to prime it before starting from cold? Assuming it has that feature?

Edit - looked up that engine and its doesn't need priming so forget that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Particularly given the time of year I'd be concerned about the quality of the fuel. Could it have had fuel left standing in it over winter? Assuming your not going to be stripping anything down and its had old fuel in it or you have filled it with fuel left over winter then I'd empty the tank out and get hold of a liter of Aspen Fuel fill it with that and keep trying until it starts if it does the Aspen fuel will help clean the carburetor out. Thats not ideal but as I said if you can't strip the carb down thats as much as you can do without taking it to someone to fix it unless you want to watch a load of youtube videos and learn what to do.

Some info (advertising) for Aspen fuel https://robertkee.ie/blog/aspen-fuel-and-your-machine/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks GinSoaked, I'll try that. I'll keep away from teaching myself lawnmower maintenance!

Advertisement