Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentation for opening an account

Options
  • 20-04-2020 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, 

I'm looking to open a current account, but as I have been away travelling and now live back at home, I'm unsure as to what I should do to prove my address. Is there anywhere I can contact as to get a letter in return which can be used as sufficient proof?

Thanks a million. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie 

Thank you for choosing Bank of Ireland. You can certainly apply for a Personal Current Account with us. I have attached a link here with more information on how you can apply and the features and benefits associated with this account. 

It would be necessary to supply a proof of address for your account application. This can be from another financial institution, or similar utility bill. I have attached a link here with more information on this and the type of documents we will accept. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephen145

Thanks for the reply.

You see, this is the problem. I'm convinced that I'm unable to provide those type of documents at the moment. My feeling is that there must be someone I can contact in order to get a sufficient piece of proof in return. For example, is there a government department who can send me proof of address if requested? Otherwise, I'm worried as to how I can open an account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here Stephen. 

I'm afraid we wouldn't be in the position to advise you of where you might be able to retrieve a proof of address. We would accept a proof of address from a utility bill such as for electricity bill etc, from another financial institution such as the Credit Union/another Irish Bank or from certain government correspondence such as the registration for Revenue Online. 

Very sorry we could not be of further assistance. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement