Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam text message

Options
  • 20-04-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

Just got the following SMS:
    "[BOI]: We were unable to proccess your last payment. 
    Go to ww.365boi-onlinerenew.com and view more details."
    from  089 004 0492

This just screams Scam. Thought you might want to know.

Took a w out of the web address to stop it turning into a hyperlink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Just got the following SMS:
    "[BOI]: We were unable to proccess your last payment. 
    Go to ww.365boi-onlinerenew.com and view more details."
    from  089 004 0492

This just screams Scam. Thought you might want to know.

Took a w out of the web address to stop it turning into a hyperlink.

Absolutley a scam. My bf got one.hes not a boi customer and they dont use mobile numbers....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

I got the same scam text today
    [BOI]: We were unable to proccess your last payment. Go to www.365boi-onlinerenew.com and view more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are aware of a fraudulent SMS that is circulating at the moment. If you could please delete the message and do not follow any links or reply. Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking for any of your account, or online banking information.

I have attached a link here to the Security Zone on the Bank of Ireland website which has a little more information on Phishing.

If you have entered your details by following the link in the SMS, It would be best to contact our Customer Service Team ASAP. They can be contacted by phone on 0818 365 365, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. If you are calling outside of these hours, please call our Card Security Team (available 24/7) on 01 488 54 66. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

SPECIAL REPORT: You need to read this http://www.lp0.best/s/3tkvcc/drp

Just got this from a number starting +34
    Scam??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Former Coach, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We are aware of a fraudulent SMS that is circulating at the moment. If you could please delete the message and do not follow any links or reply. Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking for any of your account, or online banking information.

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement