Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Math Problems?

2»

Comments

Probably not. The image is highly pixelated and low resolution so would give that appearance.

I would imagine this is designed to be solved while looking at a reasonably quality image.

Can the OP provide one please?
    Yeah that was my point 443 pixels wide. I wish the OP would post the original image.

I could still clearly tell, probably 'yes' so.

People knew it was a low quality image, there was no need for Gil Grissom or Buzz Killington on the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Assuming it's 2 multiplied by what's in the brackets, yes.

Bones (of) my dear Aunt Sally, I believe was the phrase that pays?

Brackets
    Multiplication
    Division
    Addition
    Subtraction

The middle bit would need to be 54 in order to get 9.

but multiplication and division have the same precedence, and then addition and subtraction...

4+(15 x 7) = 109

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

with the aid of my inference engine

3x+3y+3z = 45
    3y=21 y= 7
    3z=12 z = 4

y+x*z = 7+(4*4) = 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

These things really get my goat - who says the miniature versions of these objects are the same value as the large ones???

In the OP a full size wand is 7, but it doesn’t follow that a tiny wand is also 7. Ditto the brooms, which actually look more like sporks.

The correct answer to pretty much all of those “puzzles” is that they can’t be answered, there’s insufficient information.

with the aid of my inference engine

3x+3y+3z = 45
    3y=21 y= 7
    3z=12 z = 4

y+x*z = 7+(4*4) = 25

Z+ (X*Y) = 32

• Advertisement

These things really get my goat - who says the miniature versions of these objects are the same value as the large ones???

In the OP a full size wand is 7, but it doesn’t follow that a tiny wand is also 7. Ditto the brooms, which actually look more like sporks.

The correct answer to pretty much all of those “puzzles” is that they can’t be answered, there’s insufficient information.

anyone remember PlayTV that used to be on tv3, add all the numbers in the picture, etc.?

epSbI3r.jpg?1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

133 no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

anyone remember PlayTV that used to be on tv3, add all the numbers in the picture, etc.?

epSbI3r.jpg?1

Host: Dave you're live on air, can you give us the answer to this simple maths question. What's the total of all the numbers on the screen?

Dave (who sounds like he needs to be reminded to breathe): uuurgh.... Is the answer orange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

YFlyer wrote: »
    Z+ (X*Y) = 32

Quite right, of course. Best not to do these problems after midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Host: Dave you're live on air, can you give us the answer to this simple maths question. What's the total of all the numbers on the screen?

Dave (who sounds like he needs to be reminded to breathe): uuurgh.... Is the answer orange?

"I can't believe we're not getting any calls....?"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Has to be 112

• Advertisement
Advertisement