Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dulux mixed paint or factory

• 20-04-2020 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi

What paint is better the dulux paint from the factory

Or the dulux that is mixed instore?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

What do you mean by "better"

It's all the same basic chemicals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My totally unqualified view would be that the factory stuff would be more consistent, so as long as you got tubs from the same huge batch then you’ll have matching paint. The equipment and processes used in factory would probably be different to that in the shop machine too.

Never had a problem with either, and there’s probably very little in it - but it’s unlikely that a shop machine can do a better job than a factory can.

The big advantage the shop machine brings is instant availability of any shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

Ok thanks is there a difference in dulux paint and

dulux trade paint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

massive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Factory paint is more likely to be a better quality as some stores will demand cheaper product from the factory for mixing instore.

It depends on what you mean by "in-store" really...a reputable paint shop or Woodies/B&Q/etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

GreeBo wrote: »
    Factory paint is more likely to be a better quality as some stores will demand cheaper product from the factory for mixing instore.

It depends on what you mean by "in-store" really...a reputable paint shop or Woodies/B&Q/etc

No it’s a good paint store there crown tread paint shop

I wanted sandtex or dulux they do both

Ready mixed Or they can mix it for you in store

sandtex or dulux

Just not sure what to get

Have it mixed it’s a little cheaper

Or buy the ready mixed cost a little more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Ready mixed is better according to local shop here and I'd trust him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just on mixing paint in stores v factory

Factory will use factory base paint with the correct colour

Some shops may not have the base from the paint you want, for example my local store does fleetwood and colortrend

I can get a farrow & ball colour but it would mixed in a fleetwood base. Its close but not 100% true, but I am happy to take it

so if you bought a factory paint and need a reproduction, then check this in store

Advertisement