Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enjoyment?

• 20-04-2020 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone gets a feel good feeling from ? For me Food nope tv nope
    just trying to distract myself During day until it’s bedtime. I’m struggling at mo and would love some feel good ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Redpunto wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyone gets a feel good feeling from ? For me Food nope tv nope
    just trying to distract myself During day until it’s bedtime. I’m struggling at mo and would love some feel good ideas!

Have you any hobbies??

Mine are shooting and motorbikes spend my day looking at stuff for the guns occasionally handling them for cleaning or training..

Planning on buying a new bike if work is ok after all this.. life is too short not too.. I plan my days looking at gear and planning trips..

Both hobbies I cant do right now but get enjoyment out of planning.. have you kept any routine? Getting up at your normal times.. eating and sleeping??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Just wondering what everyone gets a feel good feeling from ?

Yea.. A productive day's work. After that, a drink or a bit of TV is a perfect way to end the day.

Outside of employment, involvement in community or clubs. You need to be part of something or working towards something. Not so easy with covid, granted.. But you can't fill that hole with TV or food.

If you are productive and still lack something it might be that your mind is too busy. So, google "mindfulness"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

All my 'feel good' ideas involves arts and crafts with the kids.

Do you play a musical instrument? I learned a new song on the keyboard the other day and was delighted with myself for that. Or paint?

I cleared out the wardrobe in the first week and felt an enormous sense of achievement from it :D Is there something that needs fixing or doing where you live? Or similarly, a wardrobe/cupboard/living room clear out?

I would definitely recommend setting yourself a routine. When you get your shopping, include something that would be a real treat. For dinner, try things you've never made before and sit down away from the TV or a screen and take your time and enjoy it. Break away from the TV or screen frequently.

After dinner, I do a final sweep of the sitting room, clean it all up and light some candles and settle down to watch some TV, uninterrupted. All very simple I'm afraid but it's keeping me ticking over.

All you can do now is keep it simple, and do things that will give you that boost of achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Goodigal

Definitely get enjoyment from getting lost in a good book or two. Esp at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I am super surprised bit I am LOVING Joe Wicks half hour random exercise at 9am on the internet! Youtube joe wicks the body coach and just be up and do it!! Its different every day and really fun. And I am speaking from the exercise on the internet is never fun corner!! Definately do it - I now look forward to it every day! (usually couch type potato!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I love working. Work hasn't stopped so all good.
    Love listening to an audiobook while walking to work.
    Love walking our dog. Love watching some boxset when I've time. Just lots of little things.

Find out what makes you happy. Don't focus too much on what doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I don't know what I love doing.

As for hobbies, probably football, but I don't like 11 a side. I'm about to buy new football boots and play a lot more again. I'm not getting younger but why not stay active and do something I love. So many adults become overly restricted and constrained as they get older, you're never too old for heads and vollies.

I like a good book that I can get lost in and amn't just reading out of some attempt at 'cultivating knowledge' or 'self improvement', just to enjoy and experience.

I like walking with my dog and some tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

What about ordering a few large jigsaws online or those adult colouring books?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Telly wrote: »
    What about ordering a few large jigsaws online or those adult colouring books?

Any ideas on where to get large jigsaws online?
    Was looking a few weeks ago and gave up on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

doing 15% off jigsaws at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

doing 15% off jigsaws at the moment.

Thank you for that, I'll have a look

Advertisement